Can anyone help with guessing this breed??!!

minime

Hi All,

New owners of the cutest little dog, but we can't seem to figure out the breed...she's only 7 weeks old, but we think she'll be a small dog even upon growing up...any help in determining the breed would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Pom mix at least...7 weeks is awfully young, ESPECIALLY for a small breed, to be away from it's mother already though!

HoundedByHounds

Oh, it's *you*
I was thinking it looked younger than 7 weeks personally. yes the Toys need to be kept longer. Most reputable sources do not place Toy breed pups much before 12 weeks.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
7 weeks could be about right, but I'm thinking it's more like 6. Toy pups are tiny little things which is why they're kept usually to at least 10 weeks. We got Beau at 11 weeks, which was a week early, but he was doing well and big enough to go. They're often kept 10-14 weeks, maybe even a week or two longer depending.

Nard at about that age looked similar (I think these are 6-7 weeks):

I'm going to say your pup is a pomeranian or pom mix.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
i would agree wiht a very young pom (and id agree that one looks younger than 7 weeks id say closer to 6 weeks)
that puppy should still be with its littermates.
its actually against the law to sell a puppy under 8 weeks and with toy breeds a good breeder would keep it untill 10 weeks old MINIMUM.

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
Yep, Pom or mix. Though the color shouts shihtzu to me :) Cute but I hope you rescued him because a good breeder would have told you his breeds and kept him til properly socialized.

Zhucca

Lab Love
Yeah.. a pom mix, the head and ear set are off for a pom. 7 weeks old purebred poms are very small, it's not good for the poor pup to be away from its mom. I agree with izzy though that the colors are very shih tzu.

Pom at 7 weeks:

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Cute pupper - sure you'll give it a great home and enjoy your time together :D

You'll find some good advice here if you stick it out ;)

Members online

No members online now.