So much wrong here, I'm not sure where to start..

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
http://chattanooga.ebayclassifieds....d-great-dane-standard-poodle-mix/?ad=18146555

Great DaNoodle, Parti Colored Great Dane / Standard Poodle Mix - $550

Great Dane, Standard Poodle mix. Tail docking, dew claw removal, and UTD shots all have/will be done BY VET. The weights on this litter of 4 ranged from 10 lb, 2 oz to 12 lb, 5 oz. at 6 weeks of age. Their hair has grown longer than a Dane's, but not curly like a Poodle, so they may or may not be shedders. This boy is getting a pretty good wave in his hair, & I'm not finding hairs falling out easily. The last 2 pics are of Mom & Dad. These pups are out of much loved family pets, and are only intended to be such themselves
They even have pics of the parents... sorry looking dogs :(

Why are the pups docked :confused:

Grab

Well Poodles are docked..although why one would bother docking pups of an odd breed mix is beyond me

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
Well Poodles are docked..although why one would bother docking pups of an odd breed mix is beyond me
People do that all the time here-if the breed is a mix and one parent is of a traditionally docked breed, they'll dock the pups. I've also seen a litter of boxer/pit bull mixes where the pups with more boxer like coloring were docked, and the ones with more pit bull like coloring were left natural.

I don't understand the logic but it seems very popular.

As to the OP, I think some people are just driven to breed anything with the proper plumbing. When I found out that my parakeets where both female (they are siblings), I can't tell how many people were disappointed for us. "Oooooh, your not going to be able to breed them....What a shame!" Nope, not a shame at all. I don't want to hand raise baby birds and even if I did I wouldn't be breeding full siblings to get said baby birds.

Grab

People do that all the time here-if the breed is a mix and one parent is of a traditionally docked breed, they'll dock the pups. .
It's popular here too, but I don't understand it, lol. A former coworker had a dog from a litter from a female Pit Bull and a who knows what dad. They said Bull Mastiff (because the pups were brindle..) but every single puppy was small and decidedly Pit Bull looking. (except one who had a very clear, fat Shar pei muzzle). Every pup was docked:confused: None of the breeds in that equation are docked breeds....

Members online

No members online now.