Around & About the Wannabe Farm (Photodump Warning)

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
First, goofing around the back field agility course (I did say it's only a wannabe farm):

Acceleration: Check

Weavin': Check

The peach trees are blooming

The quail are doing well, and have gone back to normal laying now that the sun is back

Sometimes scary pictures happen when you start playing with depth of field lol. Raptor-quail.

Dust-bathing is fun. Two's company...

...but five's a crowd.

((more))

Last edited:

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
The killdeer, one of my favorite birds, are back. Despite an unfortunate incident involving a certain fast and determined birddog leaping through the air, the rest of the killdeer seem quite happy (if somewhat more cautious) with our place.

Brie sez birds are for cats NOT for dogs. Except for ducks. Dogs can have the ducks. And pheasants. Also chickens.

The rabbits are still really cute.

On lookout (this guy was one of the "easter bunnies" photo op'ers a month ago)

My first keeper, all grown up.

Perspective

Learning their way around the salad bar

Have I mentioned Brie is not really a morning kitty?

Webster sez spring is in the air, at last. Sunshine, warm weather, more sunshine...just what the HeatSeekingCanine ordered.

((more))

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Mira is working on her sliding crazy pick ups. Because heaven forbid you actually stop and turn when you can skid by while turning, grab on the fly, and already be motoring back for another throw. Lack of self-preservation: Check.

Getting low...

The SlideReverse Pickup

The Twist Pickup

The Lawnmower Pickup

The Pretzel

Proof she really is still dog-shaped

Brie is apparently irritated that there are only dogs in the window, and decided to add herself. Life-sized.

And then I had to do more weeding and shrub-removal so Mira helped. And by helped I mean she brought me the frisbee several dozen times before I cut her off. (look at all the green!)

And between throws we also played this. I swear I did get work done. Some.

((more...)

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Webster's ears are still too big to fit in the frame.

Mira is pretty much joy incarnate

And they are really cute together.

The end!

P.S. I swear Kim still lives here. She was out with us most of the weekend but was helping hubby & his cousin and apparently didn't end up in a single photo.

Equinox

So many favorites in here. The Quail in the dust bath are ADORABLE. And the rabbits...I suddenly have a mad want for a baby rabbit. Love the photo of Webster enjoying the weather (and allll of the Webster photos, really). Also Brie adding herself to the window, and Mira's sliding pick ups are hilarious :rofl1:.

Let me move in, please?

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Thank guys :)
Rent is 1 competition dog walk and contribution of a couple hard days' labor lol. It's a lot of work, but we're chipping away at it...just planted 2 pear trees Wednesday night to start our "orchard" (there were two peach trees here already but we're not really in a peach climate and I'll be stunned if we ever actually eat a peach from them).

Your place looks amazing! Love all the GREEN GRASS and not the hated snow we have here.
If it makes you feel any better, I also just picked the first tick off a dog this morning (Webster). The down side of warmer weather :(

Awesome pictures! I love your "Wannabe Farm". What all do you have?
Just the quail and rabbits for now. We plan on getting chickens at some point this year...at least meaties, but hopefully layers as well. Depends on barn remodels...I know where I want the layer stall but it involves cutting holes in the metal siding of the barn. And I either need to install several windows (in addition to the pop door) or run electric for a light or else they will be in dim lighting until they go outside and I'll never see an egg :p. Will need to build a run, too, but that's no big deal. Just a matter of how big. The meaties will be in a moveable tractor so that's a lot easier in terms of prep.

At some point we'd like to go caprine or ovine as well but that'll be a while. Probably just spring lambs/kids grown out to fall, since we don't have a hay field. Hubby wants a couple horses at some point but he's never worked with horses whereas I spent half my young life around them...he doesn't know what's involved lol. And we really don't have that much space, though what we do have is high-production.

Xandra

Great pics! The solid black really shows off her form well. And as always, Webster's ears have me awed. Webster should be a breed of dog, he is seriously cool looking.

Love the rabbits and the quail as well. How do you keep your rabbits? Looks like you have an indoor colony, do you have any issues with coccidiosis?

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
What a great batch of pictures! :D I shall take all the animals plz.
I heart quail, especially when they have the little line of babies, and there's always one dumb little puffball baby at the end who gets confused and spins around or runs in the wrong direction. :p

Members online

No members online now.