I found something disturbing at the grocery store the other day...

AliciaD

On second thought...
At first I thought you were being dirty about the whipped peanut part, but then I realized it's calorie free.

I am officially disturbed.

(The reviewers are disgusted too)

Gypsydals

What the hell... can someone tell me how that happened?
^This. Something on that label is not adding up. Last I checked REAL peanuts where not calorie free. So either they are using lord knows what in place of peanuts or its not calorie free. Either way it does not sound good.

Locke

^This. Something on that label is not adding up. Last I checked REAL peanuts where not calorie free. So either they are using lord knows what in place of peanuts or its not calorie free. Either way it does not sound good.
The label only says "Natural Fresh Roasted Peanut Flavour"...so likely no real peanuts were used.

Saeleofu

There's peanut flour, which presumably has some calories, but probably not enough of it to count as anything for the nutrition label.

Most of it is water, cellulose and "natural fresh roasted peanut flavouring"

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Dreeza

omg, that is GROSS.

I think something has to be 5 cals per serving to be counted & otherwise they can put 0 on the label

Gypsydals

I just can't visualize getting the flavoring with out the real thing.
Like Lilavati said I'll just be fat. I'm not giving up the real thing. Somethings are better left alone. Peanut butter is one of those things.

Saeleofu

I've switched to all natural peanut butter - peanuts and salt. It tastes SOOOO much better than the more processes stuff (though I can't even call that processed much after reading this label...) and no extra sugar. I'll take that over water, sawdust and "peanut flavor" any day! What's 100 calories for a tablespoon of peanut butter in the grand scheme of things, anyway?

Just wait until Hills comes out with something similar as "prescription-diet friendly peanut butter for dogs" :rofl1:

Members online