great walk

becca_4321

The rain is moving in but we got in a morning walk. I really wanted to advoid walking her down our street as much as I could, so many distractions with kids, cats, and dogs but the rain will soon be here so we set out for a walk. We walked to our shop. On the way I had the hardest time on our street. I had to keep the leash wrapped around me to not allow her as much slack in order to keep control of her. With it being sunday the traffic is almost none so we was able to walk in the street. This helps alot. In the grass she has to many things to sniff at and investagate.
On our way back she actually acted as if she figured it all out. She did great, I was so proud of her. I was able to give more slack, even able to not have it wrapped around me until we came to our street where she noticed a girl playing and she wanted to go play with the little girl, then the dogs. Thankfully we only had to walk past 4 houses to get to ours.
Now she's laying on my bed taking a nap, resting up from her walk.

Rose's Gal

LOL That sounds like Blackie.....when I walked the dogs today he was being the biggest brat in the world. And I know he knows how to behave on a leash, so him being a brat was even more annoying. And I was having an even harder time because my shoulders are sore because I went skiing yesterday, and I also had Rose's leash in my other hand.
What he was doing was stopping every 5ft or so to pee or sniff. Every time he'd go to stop, I'd give him a snap with the leash (I use a Choke-chian on him. He could care less when a say, 'No.' so he gets the leash snap too.) and say, "no" and then praise him when he got up to my side. I had to do that the whole intire walk. *sigh*.....I wish he could be more like Rose and walk on the walk. Not sniff and mark everything. *shakes head*......but he is doing good on the leash compared to a couple of years ago. He used to chew through the leash and if he couldn't do that, roll on the ground and slip is collar. (Blackie is the only dog I know that can actually slip a Choke Chain. lol) So we have made some progress but.....

My girls had some nice walks today too. When we got back from church I clipped a leash on Tippy and we headed out. We had a great time. I was so proud of her--she was a good girl on the busy street.

Members online