I hate fireworks

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Am I really the only one?

My family loves shooting them and I hate them. Of course they have to make fun of me for not enjoying them, which is completely annoying. Apparently I am a wimp for not liking loud noises.... :/

JacksonsMom

I don't like them.... I find them incredibly boring, non exciting, and pointless... haha.

Even as a kid, going to watch them bored me.

Not to mention they stress my dog out now, so they're pretty much a no-go for me.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I find them pointless and boring as well as loud and annoying that way. I really stress with loud noises. Can't explain why, I KNOW it won't hurt me but I still hate it.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
I love fireworks, but not this year. I'm about to rage out at whatever jerkbags are setting off fireworks next door to work. I don't even really mind that you're freaking out my boarding dogs, guys, that's par for the course on the 4th, but they're illegal because our ENTIRE STATE IS ON FIRE. #%^* you.

Lyzelle

I don't like them either. When I was little my biological dad would throw firecrackers at me and my brother. Left its impression.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I've always hated them.

A friend brought up a very good point at a BBQ today, why do we insist on setting off fireworks in the name of independence when it causes so many issues for many of those who fought/are fighting for that independence (PTSD).

Kilter

I'm starting to really really hate them. As in I'm tempted to start phoning the rcmp and complaining each, and every time they go off.

I don't mind the good pro displays, we go to those where there's music and an actual show, in fact bummed out that the one fireworks show isn't going this year because it's in the mountains.

But the local stores sell home fireworks now and every yahoo redneck moron in town buys them. Today it's been every half hour or so. Usually every weekend there's bang bang bang, half an hour, more noise, till 1 in the morning.

I have one kid who won't go to sleep if she hears them because she's scared. Also have a golden who is quite convinced that someone is tossing a duck for her when she hears the bang and goes ape whining and barking and pacing, wanting to get out and get her bird. And nothing settles her down other than an actual bird, and no, at 1 am not going to take out a bird and go to the park in hopes that she'll be happier with that.

It's not super dry here but still......

Sweet72947

Squishy face
I don't particularly care to go somewhere with a huge crowd to watch fireworks, but if I can see them from where I live (like at my parents' house, or the house we used to live in, and even in the apartment) I will go outside and watch a few minutes. I went through a short phase where I liked setting them off in the driveway of our old house, but now I really have no interest in spending my hard-earned money on those things. I can't see any fireworks from where we are now, although I could hear them. It's a lot quieter than my parents' house tends to be as the rednecks that live around there set off CANNONS. Or at least, they SOUND like cannons. And they have HUGE parties that you can hear right through the forest that go late into the night, and they BLAST country music as loud as humanly possibly. I got SO SICK of that "proud to be an American" song.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I don't hate them I'm just pretty apathetic about them. I have 0 interest in going anywhere to watch them, setting them off, or really anything else to do with them.

I do get annoyed when people do stupid things like set them off in major drought conditions or set them off constantly. We had neighbors where we used to live who set them off from about June 1 to October 1. Which is dumb and gets old.

Fortunately my dogs are as apathetic about them as I am. The first explosions barely garnered an ear twitch and since then there's been no reaction at all.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
I was raised by a firework nut so learned to enjoy them at an early age, which is good because I married a firework nut....we just got done lighting almost 2 hours worth of them off at my dad's house. They are legal here and my dad's neighborhood sounds like a war zone.

My aunt doesn't like them though and stayed in the house most of the evening. I can understand people not liking them because I HATE those fighter jet fly overs they have at events.

Lyzelle

I've always hated them.

A friend brought up a very good point at a BBQ today, why do we insist on setting off fireworks in the name of independence when it causes so many issues for many of those who fought/are fighting for that independence (PTSD).
This, too. I've been stressing this all week on forums and over facebook. No one seems to care.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Yeah my dogs don't care at all thankfully. They're not noise sensitive at all. They've been shooting them for nearly 2 hours here in the back yard though (it's legal here) and I don't understand how it's still fun. I stayed out for about 20 minutes then went inside. They tell me I 'need to live a little'. :/

I don't mind them at all and really enjoy a good firework show. But I like loud noises a lot.

And I'm lucky enough to live with dogs that don't care at all. I was a little worried about Didgie because the first time she heard them a few weeks ago she was terrified but they've been going off all over tonight and she hasn't cared really in the least. Mild concern when outside and huge ones go off is about it.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
They tell me I 'need to live a little'. :/
You are. You're living over here. They're living over there.

Granted they are playing with explosives and therefore a little less likely to continue living, relative to you, but hey if that's what they want... :p

K

Kaydee

Terrified of them as a kid...when my oldest was a teen we lived in FLA where they were tolerated if not legal. We'd go out to a field with his buddies and try to vaporize the place...I'm sorry, that was FUN!

Now where we live they have public fireworks but none openly for sale. We went tonight and it was neat. Don't like the noise either, wish I had an Ipod with Pink Floyd or Jan Hammer n' just lay back and groove on the colors...oy, do I sound like an old stoner or what???!!!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I never used to mind them. We shoot them off every year at our cabin... however, one year after my brothers lit the fuse, the box tipped over so the fireworks shot AT us and they were exploding all around us and we all had to run inside to take cover. Sooo ever since that little event, I can't handle being close to them. When we do them at the cabin now, I watch from inside.

But I like watching them from a distance, some of them are really good. And my dogs don't mind them, otherwise I probably would hate them.

I love watching fireworks and liked them when I was a little kid. My dogs aren't bothered by them. It's fun seeing them everywhere and by the lakes. I like the loud fireworks. One of my neighbors sets off fireworks that are showy and loud. Fireworks are legal here.

Last edited:

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I like them if I'm with friends, terrified of them if alone.

Ren is very noise sensitive, so he was knocked out for Canada Day, even though fireworks are illegal here

Snark

Mutts to you
I like watching the pro shows but don't really care for the crowds, so we don't usually go anywhere. Not really interested in doing anything at home except maybe for sparklers, and that's only to photograph the path of them as Sis runs around like a maniac or tries to spell her name backwards (so it's right-reading for the camera). I do the same for her.

The older dogs don't like gunfire, I think they were shot at before I got them cuz they tend to drop to their bellies and run for cover. Unfortunately, all the neighbors like to target shoot at the drop of a hat, so we hear gunshots all year. This year, with the extreme drought/heat, I'd like to whack some sense into the idiots shooting off fireworks around us.

Members online

No members online now.