cat brought me a sparrow with a puncture in it's chest

There is probably nothing I can do is there? It is illegal to keep sparrows in your posession, even to nurse back to health in my county I believe. But anything i could secretly do hehe?

Oh I don't know, I feel bad.

~Tucker&Me~

How did she get a hold of it again?

Poor, poor little bird. What an awful death.

IF it happens again, put the little bird somewhere where the cat can't reach it (;)) and then either call a vet or go to wildlife rehab.

~Tucker

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
That's the one thing I can not resolve in my mind about cats. They kill for no reason other than sport. To make it worse, they play with their prey and frighten the bejesus out of them first. It makes me crazy. The only real way to stop it is to keep the cat indoors away from the temptation. Makes for certain spider and fly control though...

Fran27

My cat has slaughtered rabbits (babies more often than not), chipmunks, birds, mice, squirrels, snakes...

I hear you. I usually try to save the poor things but more often than not, it's too late.

Oh I looked out the window and sort of watched in horror as it all happened. It is illegal to have a sparrow in your possession in my county since they are not native to here I believe is the reason, same with racoons and canada geese. You can't even nurse them back to health and rehabbers aren't supposed to touch them, but I don't know if they all do that.

Last edited:

~Tucker&Me~

Ugh, I hate that.

I have had plenty of birds we weren't supposed to have in our possession or were illegal to help. I refused to just stand there and watch the neighbours cat torture the poor little thing to death. Not their fault they were brought over here!

Anyway, I understand sometimes things happen to fast and you don't have time to react.

~Tucker

Members online

No members online now.