Preparing for Piglet

• Thread starter Backward_Cinderella
  • Start date
B

Backward_Cinderella

Of whom I didn't think to take pictures.

Jon and I have been thinking bout getting Winnie a dog to grow up with for a few months - this morning we headed over to the El Paso Humane Society, just to look around, and an English Bulldog mix caught our attention. She was insanely happy to play with Winnie, really snuggly with us and is great with other dogs.

We fell in love.

She will be spayed & vaccinated tomorrow and we'll pick her up Saturday morning. We decided to call her Piglet, because that's Winnie the Pooh's best friend's name (lol!) and she looks like a Piglet! Her "name" is Montana but she doesn't respond to it (The humane society named her after they found her pregnant and wandering up and down Montana ave here with a broken leg from being hit by a car). Her pups have all been adopted and she was due to be PTS tomorrow, but now she's due to come to her forever home on Saturday. We're so excited to welcome another rescue into our lives. She's very polite and has a few commands under her belt, and walks on a leash like she's just overflowing with pride - someone really loved this dog at some point, I wish I knew what happened.

Anyway, prepare for pictures Saturday, because Winnie and Piglet will reunite (Seriously, Winnie cried when we left Piglet this morning!!! It was heart breaking!) and there's gonna be one picture heavy thread with all three dogs and what is fixing to be one very happy baby girl. :)

Barb04

Super Moderator
Piglet is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for rescuing her. I can't wait for all the pics to come.

B

Backward_Cinderella

Piglet is home and all snuggled in - here's one pic of her, but I'm gonna wait until she's a little more comfortable to take more, she seems quite happy snuggled in under my snuggie recovering from her spay. She was SO happy to see Winnie this morning!!!

Doberluv

Awesome! Congrats and yeah for rescuing her. She is adorable and it sounds like she has a great temperament. You're going to have so much fun with your new addition!

Members online