Hello! Brand new mom to an 8 week puppy!

mommakatx2

LoveMyBully
Hello everyone,

My name is Bente, I live in Kentucky with my husband, 3 boys, a cat, and now our newest family member...Brutus.

Brutus is an 8 week old mixed breed...we've been told coonhound/lab. I think he's rather small for those breeds (8lbs) but I guess only time will tell.

We got him at a flea market on Saturday, and I took him to the vet yesterday. Seems he's fairly healthy but that he has coccidiosis (sp). He's on medication for that now. He also has a mucosal bulging near his rectum (like a hemmorhoid) that we will just keep an eye on for now.

I have NEVER had a puppy this young before...I anticipate asking LOTS of questions.

Here's a pic of our sweetie...

Charliesmommy

I run with scissors
Hi and welcome! Brutus is sooooo cute! You have to keep us updated with pics as he grows. I hope his health problems resolve soon. My Charlie had coccidiosis and it was a nightmare!!! Easily treatable though.

Hi Bente....welcome to Chaz!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brutus is absolutely adorable. He looks to me like he has Dachshund in him. It's very nice to have you here!!!!!!!!! I look forward to chatting with you.:)

Maxy24

Hi and welcome to Chazhound! Your pup is adorable, but for future reference please do not buy from flee markets, If you stick around I'm sure you'll learn why. I'm sure you'll learn a lot and I hope you enjoy the forum :D

mommakatx2

LoveMyBully
Thanks everyone!

I hadn't thought about daschund...I wonder... We used to have a mini-daschund, and I agree, the face and paws are reminiscent. I can't wait for this little guy to grow and show us what he's made of, so to speak!

I don't think we'll be buying any more puppies any time soon...so no worries about flea market puppies. We love him just the same, regardless of where he came from.

I've been browsing the forums and really learning a lot! This will be very helpful!

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Hi and welcome to Chaz! What a cute pup! Absolutely adorable. :)

Members online