Doc not liked by neighbors

Dog4Me

I know im still pretty new but i have a problem. As you know I have 5 lovely dogs. Doc being one of them. Doc is a Portuguese Pointer and the breed has a bit of a bully face. He's probley the sweetest dog i have ever owned and most people just love him. Well not my neighbors we're a bit spread out but still close enough to have problems with each other. I have a large back yard that is fenced in and their yard is not. They like myself have gundogs and compete you would think we would get along. They own three dogs two German Pointers and a English Springer Spaniel. Anyways these people have made comments about Doc that he's a Pitbull or pitbull cross..... Now if you have halph a brain in your head you can tell that Doc is definatly not a Pit ( I love pits ) he's too tall and he's just not built like any bully breed.

Well their Springer Spaniel (don't even know the the things name) loves to try to get under my dogs skin. He runs to our property barking and snarling driving Doc and others absolutly mad. I have complained but they just reply with if my dogs wern't vicouse I would'nt be worried about it..... Yesterday animal authorities showed up at my home saying there were complaints of a vicouse pitbull on my property. I quickly said no I did'nt alowed them to search my home and look at all my dogs. Showed them papers and such proving they are competition gundogs. I did however tell them that the neighbors alowed their dogs to run loose and that their SS is constantly on my property getting at my dogs.

So now its drama and just ridculas :rolleyes: .

Just had to vent

Barb04

Super Moderator
Good for you showing the papers since you have nothing to hide. I just went on a website to see what a Portuguese Pointer looks like, and I have to say there's no way it looks like a pitbull. (I also love pits.) I think your neighbor has a problem with her eyes and should get glasses.

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
My neighbors are the same way.

Except they love my dog but their dogs just DRIVE Rocky crazy! They like a Lakeland Terrier and I think a Schnauzer and they are ALWAYS barking. Non-stop.

And whenever Rocky goes outside he gets angry and barks back!

candy722

I can't belive your neighbor did that. Im glad you told on animal control. I just can't believe some people./

You may just have to start calling animal control yourself when their dog comes to harrass yours. A video tape wouldn't be a bad idea either.

The guy who owns the trailer park next door has a miniature Schnauzer that gets out occasionally and comes over and snaps and bites at my dogs' ankles. He thinks it's comical. One of these days one of them is going to get tired of it; it won't be so funny anymore, I'm afraid . . .

Members online