The Rats: Star & Cloud Nine (Two of the dogs, too - and kitty)

SmexyPibble

Blow. Me. Away.
Star is the pretty black and white hooded girl and Cloud Nine is the pretty blue dumbo girl. We adopted Cloud from a lady who couldn't keep her anymore, she was a little skittish at first, but she's turned into quite the sweetheart.

Georgia being a spaz.

Kenai, "No, I did not just pee all over the living room..."

Jenna, who is thirteen - and not feeling too good lately.

Giving my hand a bath.

More.

SmexyPibble

Blow. Me. Away.
They're awesome pets, and really easy to care for! But be sure to get one from a good, healthy, reputable breeder that breeds for health before anything else - because their vet bills definetly add up quickly. We've spent at least $500 between all of the rats' vet bills within the past few years. They are very sweet pets; it's definetly fair to compare them to dogs ;). I trained my past Siamese rat to come when called, sit, lie down, walk on a harness, etc. She could run around the whole house and as soon as I would call her, she would come running and scamper up my leg! I slept with her every night, too, and let her eat out of my mouth. ;) But, I got her from a breeder that was far from great - and at 8 months old she had to be euthanized because she was urinating pure red blood cells, because she had 4 tumors. Star would have to be my second favorite after Java; I rescued her and her daughter, Happy Feet; they were dumped in front of a feed store. Happy Feet was dumped in a box, and Star was dumped outside of the box in the rain. She huddled under a pot next to her baby, and we found her and her little one. Happy Feet, like Java, passed away of a tumor at a young age. Star is very sweet; she is very laid back, and completely content with cuddling up in my lap and sleeping while getting her ears rubbed. I had a blue dumbo boy, a very, very big boy named Bobo; he seemed to hate everyone but my younger cousin Amanda. I wouldn't even hold him at first because of what the lady had told me about him when I took him in. My 11 year old cousin came over and picked him right up though without even thinking about it, and he snuggled right up in her hair. She came over every day after school just so she could hold Bobo for a few hours. He loved her and she loved him!

Here are some pictures of Java. I miss her so much! It was really heartbreaking having to have her put to sleep; she was a rat, but she was definetly my baby.

Awww you're making me miss my ratties (but I'm committed to no more caged animals, at least not for a little while, I HATE cleaning cages and litter boxes!!). I had some that looked like yours :)

Oh yeah, dogs are cute too. Obviously ;)

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
i have been a rat owner for 7 + years.

awesome critters :)
mine were rarely in a cage. they did really good about going to the cage to potty. but its a pain to rat proof a room!

chanda

Gorgeous pets, Kenna is growing so beautiful. Poor Jenna, hope she recover fully soon.

709Juggalette

Beagle Foster Mom
Squee! I am a huge ratty lover...I currently have four boys.

I love your dogs too (huge boxer fan) and I have a thing for orange kitties,so all in all I LOVE your pictures! :D

B

Blue_Dog

Cute pets!!

Rats do make awesome pets. I had 7 of them at one point. Most of them were rescued, on of them came from several provinces over. The most important thing is that you have more than one, such social creatures, hehe.

elegy

overdogged
yay rats! i don't have the ability to give rats enough out time anymore so i don't have them, but maybe i will again someday. they're such cool little critters. i've always been partial to the big squishy boys.

Members online

No members online now.