Fun times at the pet expo (and couple pics)

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I went up to the MD World of Pets expo the other day and had a lot of fun. I brought Cricket and Joey and they both behaved very well except for wanting to pull because of all the stimulation around them. Cristy (Sweet72...) can testify that we couldn't walk more than 5 feet without someone stopping us to ask about my dogs (especially about Joey). One guy even asked me if he could adopt Joey from me... ummm ya nooo....

The greyhound people there were especially excited about seeing a beezer. Also ran into a few borzoi people and met one lady who actually owns an Ibizan (but didn't bring hers) out of a really well respected Ibizan breeder I know. She really loved Joey.

I also left my pups with Cristy for a moment so I could check out the bengal cats that they had there. They had a cat show going on at the expo and one bengal breeder had a few kittens from one of their recent litters that were still available. I had to resist though, but omggg they were adorable. I talked to one lady there that runs bengal rescue and she said that if I'm interested that once Josh and I get into a place where we can do so she would be more than happy to talk to us more about us possibly fostering a bengal or two before we eventually get our own. That would be an AWESOME way to ease into eventually owning a bengal cat and it would give me a chance to see how Whiskey reacts to having other cats around, etc. It might not be for another 6 months to a year before we would even foster though.

I ended up getting 4 new collars at the expo as well. One is a martingale collar for Cricket from Lupine. It's one of their discontinued prints that I've been coveting and was so excited to find finally. The other three are chain martingales... one for each of my dogs and from a company called Persnickety Pups.

Bamm got a bright green one with a bunch of sheep on it. There's a black sheep every so often in the sheep line and I LOVE it... it's so him.

Cricket got one with lady bugs all over it

Joey got one that is fancy smancy and just looked really neat on him so I had to get it for him.

I'll get photos of the new collars later.

Here are the photos I did take though. Sorry there aren't many. It was NOT easy trying to take photos and manage my dogs at the same time. All photos are just taken with my little coolpix point and shoot.

This little female bengal was such a sweetheart

I had to stop by the reptiles to see the snakes

Joey watching a dog circus performance

Sweet with the cricket bug

French Bulldog puppy anyone?

Tired dogs after a long day... Joey is way bigger than Cricket but he looks tiny when he curls up

Cricket modeling her new lupine martingale

He was exhausted

The mormon temple on the drive home that we around here refer to as OZ. SURRENDER DOROTHY!!!!

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
Rumor has that Lupine pattern! And she has a few Persnickety collars, too! :D

I wish I would have been able to make it. It looks like you had a good time.

Members online