Winter shots of the pups - pic heavy!

Kootenay

OMG <3 Yarrow is the coolest dog. My whole family agrees lol! Both of your dogs are gorgeous, and your photography is incredible! LOVE the reflection shot of Yarrow. Do you mind if I save it to my phone to use as my wallpaper?
Yeah, sure that's fine :)

Kootenay

How have I not seen this dog yet, or even heard of the breed?! Absolutely gorgeous.
The Alaskan Noble Companion Dog is not really quite a breed yet, and there aren't many of them, so that is likely why! They are a breed in progress, worked on for the past 20 years or so. This is the breed founder's website - http://alaskannoblecd.weebly.com/

Yeah he is a big boy! Last time he was weighted he was a little over 90 lbs and 29'' at the shoulder - and he's still just 10 months...so he'll be growing for quite a while yet.
Holy wow!! He's HUGE! I was thinking like 70lb or something not that big. So much handsome!

milos_mommy

I get so excited when you post pictures, both your dogs are so gorgeous. I love the first shot of Yarrow's reflection.

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
So handsome! Great pictures as well. :)

Also, I looked at the foundation website and it's great that the foundation dogs are required to have health testing and have CGC certification.

jenv101

Bite Club
Holy wow!! He's HUGE! I was thinking like 70lb or something not that big. So much handsome!
It must be hidden under all that fur, because that is the same size as Riley, but Yarrow does not look like a horse. :D

Kootenay

It must be hidden under all that fur, because that is the same size as Riley, but Yarrow does not look like a horse. :D
Haha! Yarrow is a pretty tall boy, I have this video from when he was 7 months (he has grown since then) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT48qYHjmCM you can see he's pretty big already next to my boyfriend there. He looks a bit funny because he's in kind of a scraggly in between/summer coat.

crazedACD

Oh wow, they are both gorgeous! Is it bad I want one just to set up cool photography shots? :p

I'm not sure about the breed though, how 'husky like' is Yarrow?

Kootenay

Oh wow, they are both gorgeous! Is it bad I want one just to set up cool photography shots? :p

I'm not sure about the breed though, how 'husky like' is Yarrow?
He is not very husky like at all, actually (I thought he might be more so before I got him). He's a very calm, mellow guy who loves to sleep. He is great offleash, never goes out of sight or has shown any inclination to take off, he has a good recall. He has a little bit of northern breed type independence, more meaning he doesn't have that intense desire to please like some shepherds or herders - but he is extremely intelligent (he learns things faster than any dog I have worked with) and is very happy to work for you if there is good motivation. He is not very destructive at all, he sometimes like to "steal" things but he doesn't destroy them, he more hoards them.

Kootenay

Denis said I should get an Alaskan Noble Companion Dog. He knows not what he's done...
Do it!! Look here, a whole litter of little Yarrow siblings just born...

One thing I can assure you of, after seeing your videos of Sloan and Backup, an ANCD would be a total breeze!

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
You have two good-looking dogs but wow Yarrow is a head-turner. Do you get mobbed when you take him out in public? lol

houlahoops

Yarrow is...breathtaking. Wow. He makes me want to do a little research for sure!

Also, I'll take that collie off your hands, since obviously he's suffering in Yarrow's shadow...

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Do it!! Look here, a whole litter of little Yarrow siblings just born...

One thing I can assure you of, after seeing your videos of Sloan and Backup, an ANCD would be a total breeze!
LOL Now is not the time.. but ohhhh... the temptation... I would like to befriend the breeder though and get to know them (I added them on FB).

The goal of the next dog is something relatively easy and while I would like a border terrier Denis saw this and said, "GET IT. GET IT NOW. Don't get something tiny and silly, get THAT. Can you imagine how AWESOME it will be as a minion of Sloan??" :rofl1:

I could look at Yarrow photos all day. I may need to PM you for more info...I mean, it couldn't hurt. :p

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
You take such absolutely stunning pictures! Both of your boys are extremely handsome, but I must admit like everyone else I'm taken with Yarrow such a gorgeous dog!

Kootenay

LOL Now is not the time.. but ohhhh... the temptation... I would like to befriend the breeder though and get to know them (I added them on FB).

The goal of the next dog is something relatively easy and while I would like a border terrier Denis saw this and said, "GET IT. GET IT NOW. Don't get something tiny and silly, get THAT. Can you imagine how AWESOME it will be as a minion of Sloan??" :rofl1:

I could look at Yarrow photos all day. I may need to PM you for more info...I mean, it couldn't hurt. :p
Totally, PM me anytime, I'm very happy to answer any and all questions! Oh, and I agree with Denis :)

Members online

No members online now.