Do you guys ever feel.....

Charliesmommy

I run with scissors
I'm trying to remember if I actually read it or I just read ABOUT it. I've read so many books I get confused.

ACooper

Okay........but it isn't a cult or religious material is it?? LOL

(just kidding, I know the source of the recommendation)

Okay........but it isn't a cult or religious material is it?? LOL

(just kidding, I know the source of the recommendation)
Ah, Coop . . . Maura's just a lovely Irish girl who finds herself accepted into a Buddhist monastery - something that rarely happens to foreigners, much less female foreigners! I think you will like her very much :)

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Funnily enough, I just read this....

If you woke up this morning with more health than illness...you are
more blessed than the million who will not survive this week.

If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the
loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of
starvation...you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.

If you can attend a church meeting without fear of harassment, arrest,
torture, or death...you are more blessed than three billion people in
the world.

If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof
overhead and a place to sleep... you are richer than 75% of this world!

If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a
dish someplace ... you are among the top 8% of the worlds wealthy.

If your parents are still alive and still married ... you are
very rare, even in the United States and Canada.

If you can read this message, you just received a double blessing in
that someone was thinking of you, and furthermore, you are more blessed
than over two billion people in the world that cannot read at all.

Someone once said:
What goes around comes around. Work like you don't need the money. Love
like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like
nobody's listening. Live like it's Heaven on Earth.

I know I posted this... And at the time, I felt it was appropriate.

But in the grand scheme of things... if you feel bogged down by the world, why do you want someone telling you that actually - your feelings aren't important because there is someone out there worse off than you.

If you feel stressed at work, and you see your boss and she says "well - we're all stressed!" would it make you feel valued or worthwhile? Like how you feel is important?

We shouldn't disregard how people feel because we know someone who feels worse.

Nope.

ACooper

I know I posted this... And at the time, I felt it was appropriate.

But in the grand scheme of things... if you feel bogged down by the world, why do you want someone telling you that actually - your feelings aren't important because there is someone out there worse off than you.

If you feel stressed at work, and you see your boss and she says "well - we're all stressed!" would it make you feel valued or worthwhile? Like how you feel is important?

We shouldn't disregard how people feel because we know someone who feels worse.

Nope.
Watch out Dizzy..........your heart is showing :) That was a really nice sentiment......and I appreciated your other post too just because you took the time to do it :)

Aussie Red

Rebel With Cause
Life is far too short to worry about what you don't have. I find my time better spent living for what I do have and enjoying my time here on earth to the best of my ability to enjoy. The only one that can get me into or out of a slump is me.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
Some days are better than others Coop--today you feel over worked, etc.. tomorrow you will enjoy that beautiful bed set that you worked for. :)

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
ACooper - you'd be suprised.

Just because noone here knows who I am, doesn't mean I don't ;)

ACooper

ACooper - you'd be suprised.

Just because noone here knows who I am, doesn't mean I don't ;)
Oh Dizzy I don't think I would be surprised ONE BIT! I just know that you normally come off as TOUGH........I thought I would remind you that your heart was starting to show so you could get it tucked back away in time! :lol-sign:

One look at how you love Bodhi should tell anyone you have a good heart in the right place :)

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Never judge a book by it's cover.

For all you know she sleeps in a shed in the garden.

It's a good thing to keep in mind when on the internet ;)

ACooper

Ya, Uh huh........shed in the garden ;) That's why she looks so happy on your walks.........she FINALLY got out of the shed for some fresh air! LOL

But you are right, who we deem the best among us can oft be the worst behind closed doors.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
It goes the other way too.

I kept asking Clarence why our world seemed to be collapsing and everything seemed so shitty? And he''d say: That''s the way it goes, but don''t forget, it goes-the-other-way too. That''s the way romance is. Usually that''s the way it goes but every once in a while it goes-the-other-way too.''

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Dizzy does have a point. There is nothing worse than feeling awful and having someone marginalize it. The very worst is not even being reminded of other people who are "worse" off,";vthe worst is when somebody you just poured your heart out to says, Well How To you Think I Feel"...and then goes off on their own problems.

It's all kind of like going to a doctor with a pain and having him tell you it doesn't really hurt and to stop being a baby.

ACooper

Thanks Grady :)

I had a good dinner with the family all at the table minus ONLY one, the oldest with his girlfriend :rolleyes: Elbows on the table, too much butter smeared on their bread, chocolate milk with Lasagna.......hahahahaha, but it was a good spirit lifter :D

I've felt that way for most of my life and spent alot of time thinking that life is not meant to be this way.All through school we are taught to go out into the world and make lots of money so we can be somebody.And if we don't we are told we are nobody or worthless to society.We have the wealthiest country and you would think peaple would all be happy and satisfied,but each year there is more depression and mental illness.
I understand why some have left everything they owned and chose to live on the streets with nothing.

The only hope for modern society is to understand that we were born and intended to be on a spiritual journey and that all these "material goods" are nothing but distractions or wedges that prevent us from staying on that path to the natural world.

Members online

No members online now.