Redux, OS redux Redux.

OS Rebux.

• Total voters
Ignore the other poll.

With Win8 in full release, OSX Mountain Lion, and Ubuntu 10.12 all recently released as well. what are ya'll running? Win, OS , or Linux?

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Windows 7 here still. It's okay. All I've ever really known on my home computers is windows. I did have apple computers when I was in elementary school though, back when they weren't very nice to use lol.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Still running snow leopard on the Macbook and XP on the desktop. Both work fine for my purposes.

12.10 is having some sort of disagreement with my videocard. Live disk crashed, full install on USB crashed.

Reverse engineering Nvida drivers seems to have been a bad idea.

Running Windows 7 on the desktop and Windows Vista on the (rarely used) laptop. Much prefer Windows 7!

ETA: I want a Macbook! I want an operating system named after cats!

Last edited:

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Windows 7 here still. It's okay. All I've ever really known on my home computers is windows. I did have apple computers when I was in elementary school though, back when they weren't very nice to use lol.
Yeah they used to be POS's I remember no one liked them, back then everyone was like "PC all the way!" Now they have in the years since revamped the MAC's & they have become to be the quint essential computer ... If only the masses could afford them :/

How do you like it?? I asked for windows 8 for xmas, my ubuntu is ticking me off.
Did you get Win8? How do you like it?

I just upgraded my laptop to 8 and had to add a shortcut to the desktop to get it to shut down properly. Also had to schedule a task to get it to boot to the desktop.

I dont see Win8 going well.

GipsyQueen

I'm running windows 8 & Ubuntu on my laptop. I *like* windows 8, the only thing that ticks me off is that for example, I have a firefox "app" in metro. Only when I open it, it opens up the desktop first. :rolleyes:

Dekka

Just try me..
I have windows 8, don't like it.. no sir lol.. on my desktop. Its dual boot with ubuntu 12.10. My netbook runs just 12.10. Of course at work we deal with OSX 8 (so mountain lion)

Someone in this thread said 12.10 had issues with their computer.. mine seems to have flipped the webcam in my netbook. Can't figureout how to fix that. Other than that I really like 12.10

I hardly ever boot to Windows, when I do its to check for updates. I only upgraded because I got tired of subscribers calling in and not knowing what they are seeing or how to get them to where they need to be to connect to their network or the internet. Getting people online is my job.

Of course adding the shortcut to shut down properly and boot to the desktop task are not something Im going to walk a subscriber through. Another thing is adding a proper start menu to the desktop, I just saw a third party Start menu today. Im going to create my own.

While I am not liking Ubuntu 12.10 and probably wont like Ubuntu 13.4, Ive switched to Linux Mint 14, I am 87 ways of excited over the idea of an Ubuntu powered cell phone. As soon as there is a CDMA ROM for a Galaxy SII I will be breaking my phone again.

Just got done adding the "Start" menu and pinning both it and the shut down button to the taskbar. I still have some tweaking to do with the boot to desktop, but that may be as good as it gets.

Of course most people just want to login and everything to just flat out work, and I like to tweak things.

IE 10 from the Metro menu annoys me. Not having POP email protocal for the default email client also annoys me.

crazedACD

I just got Win8. For basic purposes, I'm getting used to it. I don't do a whole lot of technical stuff on it, just web surfing, photo editing, etc. I like the apps. I find myself staring at the desktop for five minutes trying to figure out how to get to my control panel though.

I think my biggest complaint right now is I have so many different accounts on everything...multiple youtube accounts, multiple gmail accounts, multiple live accounts, my main email is yahoo...everything isn't streamlined for me. Win8 is kind of dependent on that stuff.

I just got Win8. For basic purposes, I'm getting used to it. I don't do a whole lot of technical stuff on it, just web surfing, photo editing, etc. I like the apps. I find myself staring at the desktop for five minutes trying to figure out how to get to my control panel though.

I think my biggest complaint right now is I have so many different accounts on everything...multiple youtube accounts, multiple gmail accounts, multiple live accounts, my main email is yahoo...everything isn't streamlined for me. Win8 is kind of dependent on that stuff.
Are you staring at the traditional desktop or the new Start, Metro, menu?

So far I have tweaked mine to boot to the desktop, and added a shutdown button.

I have multiple email accounts just not multiple gmail accounts or other multiple accounts.I dont like the default email program in Win8, I still use Thunderbird from Mozilla for emails.

What the 3 big OS players are trying to do, is to get the same experience across all platforms. Ubuntu is the only one doing it right, yet they are way way behind, even though they are way ahead of the game, if that makes any sense.

Members online

No members online now.