Puppies nursing at different ages

• Thread starter RedyreRottweilers
  • Start date
R

RedyreRottweilers

This is about 3 weeks.

4 weeks

5 weeks

I can't find any pictures, but they were still nursing occasionally when they were going home at 9 weeks. I will try to get pictures of older puppies nursing on this litter coming up. I let the bitch control the weaning. I make sure she has a way to get away from the puppies if she wants to, and then I just don't interfere with how she does things.

bubbatd

With you Red !!! I was so lazy I waited until my females told me it was time for solid food . They would regurgitate their supper for the pups and I knew it was time . Usually about 4 1/2 to 5 weeks . Then the poop pickup started ! With 10 to 12 pups that's at least 40 a day !

Toller_08

What a good mom Penny is! Getting Shelby (the dobe bitch of the litter I've been helping with) to nurse past 3 weeks was a big struggle. I still made her nurse them a few times a day, as they still needed her, but she wasn't happy about it. As soon as they got teeth she figured she was done. They've been completely weaned now since about 4.5wks, and she doesn't let them even try anymore.

Dekka

Just try me..
I have never had a bitch who wanted to nurse much past 4 weeks. Like you I leave it up to mom. It will be interesting to see how long Dekka wants to be a 'mom' for.

Snip

Banned
I have never had a bitch who wanted to nurse much past 4 weeks. Like you I leave it up to mom. It will be interesting to see how long Dekka wants to be a 'mom' for.
I'll give her about 20 minutes. :D

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Haha Snip.

The last picture is hilarious! I can't wait to see more Rottie puppy pictures. :D

bubbatd

Even though my females wanted to wean I would encourage them to let the pups take some pressure off engorged breasts . Not long enough to bring in a new supply . They seemed to understand .

Members online

No members online now.