would you own a dog-aggressive dog?

Mach1girl

And here.......................HER they are, just totally DA and wanting to maul each others tongues outta their faces

Dixie after a stray!

Dog aggression cannot be corrected, it can be worked on, and the trainer can learn how to redirect that aggression. Fact is, DA is a typical trait in the APBT, you just have to learn to control it, you cannot eliminate it.

I know, some of you are going to say "But my pitbull does great around other animals" and yes, mine to as well-after a bit of one on one introduction and such, they are fine. But I know the breed, and I know that DA is always there. But you can work with this and CONTROL it.
Poor Tallulah. She may never find out if she is actively DA or not . . . . caught between Bimmer and Kharma. She is totally besotted with Bimmer, who will, if she misbehaves, give her a lecture just like he did - and will still do to Kharma. If she pushes Kharma, Kharma either puts the paw down or sits on her and then proceeds to drive home the point that Tallulah is being totally and thoroughly ignored.

And what is worse for a Terrier than being ignored? :eek:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Poor Tallulah. She may never find out if she is actively DA or not . . . . caught between Bimmer and Kharma. She is totally besotted with Bimmer, who will, if she misbehaves, give her a lecture just like he did - and will still do to Kharma. If she pushes Kharma, Kharma either puts the paw down or sits on her and then proceeds to drive home the point that Tallulah is being totally and thoroughly ignored.

And what is worse for a Terrier than being ignored? :eek:
Sounds like good parenting to me.

I think your APBTs are absolutely gorgeous also. If you dont mind me asking... how tall is priest and how much does he weigh? How old is he? I always wonder that every time I see a gorgeous CORRECT american pit bull terrier.
I don't know how tall Priest is. He wiggles a lot, but he appears to be around Loki's height of 19". Maybe 20". And he was 52 pounds at last weighing.

LOL! You think you've got it bad with your dogs, Terra's a sneak. She'll be totally cool one minute, and the next... RAWR! You might as well ask me to send you a migraine and a hernia in a box. :rofl1:
I KNEW there was a reason Terra was my favorite :D

Bet she'd LOOOVE Kharma's favorite game . . . AHA! I'VE GOT YOU NOW!

S

Squishy22

I don't know how tall Priest is. He wiggles a lot, but he appears to be around Loki's height of 19". Maybe 20". And he was 52 pounds at last weighing.
Wiggly pitties are the hardest to measure, lol. He sounds perfect to me, especially to for his height. Not fat and not really tall and lanky either.

Re

NO.
NO.
I would try to help train them back and get a vets help.
I would pay for the damages and apoligize and take my dog to the vet. That better never happen though!!!

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
Would I own a DA dog, yes. I have before.
She would slip her collar on walks and merrily bugger up anything smaller then her.
Were we irresponsible with her. Probably. But it was 15 years ago before we knew better.
Strangely enough she never fought again after she managed to kill our neighbours Yorkie that wandered into her yard and proceeded to attack her. She made short work of that dog!

My next dog is an Africanis, which (GASP) is a modern day dog that still hunts!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africanis

Members online

No members online now.