Hate when this happens

Allyse718

I want 2 b a dog 4 a day
Just the other day I was outside cleaning up my dogs stuff. It was so incredibly muddy outside that I hadn't let them out in the backyard, instead I was taking them on walks. I have a sliding glass door that I let them out of, and I trained them to use bells when they needed to go to the bathroom. Well, a long time ago I took the bells down. Now they just put their paws on the glass door and that means they need outside. Well, my sliding glass door has a lever for a lock. I didn't want to chance the dogs running around and playing in the mud and then jumping on me and getting me filthy, so I shut the door behind me. On my privacy fence there is a lock that requires a key. Well, wonderful me didn't think anything of the dogs being inside and me not having the key. I finish cleaning the backyard, go to open the door, and to my suprise, all 3 of my dogs are standing there at the door looking at me like I'm an idiot! They had pulled the lever down, locked the door, and I had no place to go. The privacy fence is 8 feet tall, and there's no way I'm climbing over that. I didn't have my cell phone with me. So, I sat outside on my porch waiting for anyone to walk by my house. I finally saw my neighbor taking her dog for a walk. I yelled over the fence at her, and she just died laughing. I asked if she would go inside and unlock the door so I could get in, and I'm being serious when I say it took her 10 minutes to calm down enough to go unlock the door. After all was said and done, I had nothing better to do than laugh at the situation, and I feel as though my dogs were laughing at me, not with me. Just thought I'd share a story with you.

Debi

I had a funny visual of you being outside....one of the dogs reaching up to lock the door....then all of them just grinning when you tried to come in....soooo funny! I can imagine it wasn't so funny at the moment of course! Good thing that it wasn't pouring down rain....snowing....or a moment when you really, really needed to find the bathroom! LOL I also pictured them still giggling about this later....giving the paw 'high five'. That was a great story. :D

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
aaawww. Somehow I have no doubt your dogs enjoyed this as much as your neighbor. :rolleyes: I wonder if the neighbor dog heard your dogs laughing so she decided she needed to go out and see this for herself! lol. good story. Sorry it had to happen but atleast you can laugh about it now :)

Kharma locked us out the other night. Of course, Charley has no idea where the keys to the doors are and doesn't keep one on his key ring! There have been DOGS up here for so many years that the door is just never locked. If someone were to get past the dogs, no lock would keep them out! Shiva has to be locked in the laundry room when we're gone, so we can't get in the back door either. Charley had to go around and slip through the old door in the back of his mom's old room . . . Kharma just sat there on the sofa, looking out the window at me with her head cocked to one side - until she heard that back door! I thought she was going to run straight through the walls, barking and growling.

Bimmer was sitting quietly in the shadows next to the door - waiting! :eek:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
lol..that so funny! all victor ever does is lock himself in the bathroom..lets not give my dogs any ideas!

bogolove

LOL! Oh those sneaky dogs were definitely laughing at you and not with you. Brady and Jenny did that to me when they tripped me and I fell in a puddle of mud. I know they planned it! :rolleyes:

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Lol! Rascal taught himself to open doors when he was 12 years old! When we were sitting on the sofa one night, I saw somthing go past the window, I said to Martin theres a dog outside and he said don't be stupid the neighbours don't have a dog! I said I think it's Rascal and he said how would he get out!! It was Rascal, he'd let himself out of the back door and was taking himself off for a walk! Cheeky old thing must have got bored!

Members online

No members online now.