Girly Stuff

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
As if going to dinner at a boyfriends parents isn't stressful enough:

Tomorrow night I'm going to dinner for the first time ever with my boyfriend's parents, his brother whom I have -3 things in common with, and his step-grandparents who a) I've never even met and b) don't speak any English.

Btw, this is the bf who knocked me up while we were **** buddies only and decided we should be together a week before our kid was born.

The icing on the cake? Boyfriend is working, so I'm going ALONE.
Do you get along with his parents? If there any reason to think this will go badly?

I don't know, I never really felt awkward about meeting boyfriends family and vice versa so I really don't come from a point of understanding.

Heck, I met my inlaws and talked to them for the FIRST time after we had already been married for a year and they found out about our marriage accidentally (we got married for immigration purposes but it only make the process worse lol and we didn't tell anyone because we were going to have a real wedding lol) and my MIL FOUND my BRA at the apartment they ddn't know we were sharing lol and then had a friend see the wedding announcement in public record lol

And these days my MIL and i are super close. I call her everyday just to chat. I love her and she loves me and the first time I met them after all of that it was like HI MOM IN LAW. YOU'RE THE BEST lol.

So... Go... Have a good time. Show off the baby, bond, and share stories :). Enjoy them

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Found a guy I was interested in.
Too chickenshit to send him an e-mail.
I "winked" instead of see if he takes the bait.

COWARD.

Brattina88

Is anyone still using oil for their face, from the beginning of the thread? I'm very interested in hearing how its going! :) I've been using oil for my hair, but I'm still afraid to apply it directly onto my face intentionally . . . :eek: :p

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Is anyone still using oil for their face, from the beginning of the thread? I'm very interested in hearing how its going! :) I've been using oil for my hair, but I'm still afraid to apply it directly onto my face intentionally . . . :eek: :p
I AM! It's going very well, but I never really had an acne problem (A pimple here and there during my cycle but nothing too major) but now not even that. Plus my face is CRAZY soft now
I am using castor and coconut oil :) it works very well and my face feels so clean and soft after! I love it :D

May just be me but as well as softer and clearer.. I think my complexion actually looks more even toned.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I'm still using it, but still tweaking it. My skin is super duper soft, I do still get my "monthly breakout" though.... and I don't know if there's really anything on this planet that's going to prevent that? But when I'm not dealing with that, I'm pretty pleased. I'm doing castor oil and sweet almond oil, plus some tea tree, peppermint, and orange essential oils added in (those last two I purchased for other purposes, but apparently they're good for skin so I figure why not!).

But I also still use regular face wash... which I don't know, maybe I'll wean myself off it at some point lol, but I'm using up what I have.

Does anyone use a Clarisonic? If so, what is your routine and what products do you use?
I do! I use it every night. I don't do anything special with it, just use it with my regular face wash. Afterwards is when I put on my OCM mixture and/or coconut oil. I'm not sure if I really notice any changes in my skin for better or worse since I started using my Clarisonic, for me it's really more about what products I'm using... but it sure does make my skin feel cleaner. And softer.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
So after two months on the Nature's Cure I went ahead and ordered a three-month supply because it's working. I went four days without ANY acne at all. I started getting a couple because I switched face wash, but they weren't cysts, and they would dry out and go away within a couple days of surfacing. Now that I've gone back to my original face wash I am back to no acne at all.
It's... really crazy.

Does anyone use a Clarisonic? If so, what is your routine and what products do you use?
I do. I have a Clarisonic Mia, the smaller "travel" one. It does not fit the brush for the body but I only use it for my face. It also only has one button, one speed, and it just runs for sixty seconds instead of the various options of the original Clarisonic. Since it's meant for travel it holds a charge longer than the original as well.
I use it every night. I just use my regular face wash with it (I have heard many people say the Clarisonic face wash sucks.) I replace my brush head every six months even though they say every three - when I first bought it they were saying every six months, and, well, they're expensive. So I only replace it every six months.

I didn't notice a huge difference in acne or blackheads or anything with it, but my skin is SO soft since I started using it. Like it's crazy the difference in how soft and smooth my skin feels.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I replace my brush head every six months even though they say every three - when I first bought it they were saying every six months, and, well, they're expensive. So I only replace it every six months.
I've had mine since Christmas of 2011 and have yet to replace my brush heads. :ninja: I just... clean them with soap now and then.
Good God maybe I should get new ones, I've honestly never really thought about it until now, I suppose I have been using the same one for a while... :rofl1:

GipsyQueen

I went for a haircut yesterday, and didn't think about the fact that they were going to use shampoo with silicon and all that crap in it. :(
Now I have a huge patch of eczema on my scalp and it hurts and itches so bad. :(
Anyone have any idea of how to get rid of it fast?

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I've had mine since Christmas of 2011 and have yet to replace my brush heads. :ninja: I just... clean them with soap now and then.
Good God maybe I should get new ones, I've honestly never really thought about it until now, I suppose I have been using the same one for a while... :rofl1:
They start getting scraggly after a while! The last time I bought brush heads I bought a pack of two. I couldn't remember if I'd replaced the brush head or not (sometimes I replace it then put the old one back in the box for some dumb reason... I guess so I can throw them both away in the box...) so I pulled out the brush head in the box, held up my Clarisonic, and was like "AUGH. Yeah okay this one is new. *replace brush*" You can't tell how scraggly they are until you have a new one next to it hahaha.

Members online

No members online now.