Trick of the week!

I reward him for observer manners occasionally.. If he stays where I put him, I'll toss him a treat. :p
Haha, that's awesome. Sassy wants absolutely nothing to do with the dogs, especially not when they're moving and bouncing around during training lol. I will put Missy in a down-stay and reward her while training Jack, though.

You people with your short dogs who can get down on the floor with them. :p

Those that are luring, how do you plan on fading out the lure? I'm thinking I should've shaped this instead of luring..
I try to hold the treat the same way every time, and then when they sorta get it I just start using my empty hand and grabbing a treat from nearby.

Lyzelle

I think I need to go back to rewarding 101. Holy crap Zane was mugging my hands today. My fingers are so swollen and bruised I don't know if I'm going to have the ability to edit this video. I need a clicker.

monkeys23

I started with using my hand as a target, but she was distracted by the treats in my other hand so I switched to luring. A few of those times I had no treat in the luring hand, but held my fingers like I did. ;) She did really well I thought! I was a little sloppy with my clicks, but overall I think we did pretty good. :)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fGdhbpXNpCA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I wish Scout didn't hate the camera so much. She did awesome! Almost flipped herself over a few times she was so enthusiastic. And then she weirded herself out from that, lol. It was pretty cute. :)

Taqroy

I think I need to go back to rewarding 101. Holy crap Zane was mugging my hands today. My fingers are so swollen and bruised I don't know if I'm going to have the ability to edit this video. I need a clicker.
Okay, this makes me feel better. Murphy started nipping my fingers HARD today and I'm so not a fan. I'll put the video up in a bit but I refused to reward anything that involved biting my hand. As a result, we didn't get many wins and we got a whole lot of "OUCH THAT WAS MY HAND YOU JERK".

Taqroy

I started with using my hand as a target, but she was distracted by the treats in my other hand so I switched to luring. A few of those times I had no treat in the luring hand, but held my fingers like I did. ;) She did really well I thought! I was a little sloppy with my clicks, but overall I think we did pretty good. :)
CUTE. Also your training voice is awesome. :p

Lyzelle

Okay, this makes me feel better. Murphy started nipping my fingers HARD today and I'm so not a fan. I'll put the video up in a bit but I refused to reward anything that involved biting my hand. As a result, we didn't get many wins and we got a whole lot of "OUCH THAT WAS MY HAND YOU JERK".
Yeah, I'm editing now and I have about 2 minutes of him working with me and being decent, albeit there's a few times I muck it up by dropping the treat or throwing it at him out of habit. He can't catch quite yet in that position. The other 12 minutes is him offering everything except that trick and me cursing up a storm because he chomped my fingers.

Might have to lay off this one now that we have it down. I wonder if part of him refusing is just muscle soreness.

Lyzelle

Alrighty. Once again, audio swapped.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eQm2SqX4qjQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Payton!
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VCe7FtNYsQE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No video of the other two, partially because Payton has a major temper tantrum halfway through one of Auggie's sessions and NO ONE needs to hear the frantic bark-screaming, partially because half the time with Pepper I am trying to reward her for NOT being all up in my business (she sincerely wants to become one with me...) and partially because I keep adjusting my plan as I go which makes it look like some really shoddy dog training and I'm not showing you that LOL.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Did a session with the poodles earlier... Lincoln seemed to do better with having some competition for treats. Decided Tsuki will sit pretty with paws against body, Lincoln does better with feets up in air. Now have another trick idea to train Tsuki with... mwahahaha. MUST FOCUS but oh so adorable.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
I love Tipper!!!

And oh gosh, the second video sounds EXACTLY like our house!
Ok mind y'all I am only on page 5 because I couldn't go any further without saying Frodo's feet in this video made me SQUEEE! Like the way his little paws looked when he would reach up. Seriously adorable.

Everyone's dogs are amazing!

My cat can sit pretty or what I like to say "be a bear" but he is with my mom so I can't show y'all his awesomeness lol

Ok, Payton is adorable. I love how happy he is! I loved the "around around around around" and then you moved so he couldn't do that and it was like he went "FINE. I'll do the stupid sit up."

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
There was a lot of weird chatter in the background, my voice sucked, Zander wasn't talking and was distracted and I ended up cutting the 7 minute video down to 2:40 anyway so it was just easier to remove all the weird noise.

So ANYWAY. This is our fourth or fifth session, using a hand cue and he's still offering it. He's started leaning on my hand, so we'll have to work on that.

And I was constantly dropping his kibbles. fail.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WqLmuqyiJgA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Holy smokes batman, he is HUGE! Not like fat huge but just BIG lol
How tall are you? He looks about as tall as you lol

Lyzelle

Holy smokes batman, he is HUGE! Not like fat huge but just BIG lol
How tall are you? He looks about as tall as you lol
Lol, yes, he is a BIG dog. I'm around 5'2'' or 5'3''...he's just as tall as me, and only 30-ish lbs lighter. Screen shot from one of the previous vids:

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Lol, yes, he is a BIG dog. I'm around 5'2'' or 5'3''...he's just as tall as me, and only 30-ish lbs lighter. Screen shot from one of the previous vids:
Wow that is amazing!
I absolutely love Zander, he is so handsome and just HUGE! LOL

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
We had more fun today. DON'T LOOK AT ME. lol I felt poopy most of the day so it was sweatpants day! Juno was a bit of a kangaroo today.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XgVoD9q1aew?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I tried to get a video of me "working with" Lucy, but then it turned out my phone froze halfway through recording, so yeah that video doesn't exist. She is super frustrating to work with compared to Juno! So that probably won't happen often...

No video today, I haven't been around enough to upload it and I'm not staying up for the million years it takes YouTube to upload.

Squash was completely unenthusiastic about this today, so he's either bored with it or I think he might even be a little muscle sore from working that core so enthusiastically for the previous two or three days in a row. So I gave him the day off, a little back massage and heat, some stretching, and we had rally tonight which gave him a brain break. Rough life.

Maisy, now that she's grokked that her butt needs to stay on the floor I'm working on her not using her paws to steady herself by grabbing on to me. She's catching on. It's so funny how differently they do it, she sits up with her paws kind of drooping/hanging in front of her, and Squash flings his paws waaay up in the air.

Pip seems to be the least physically adept at this. :p

Catsi

Art Already knows sit pretty and he does it for a while, so I decided to do it on a ball. That was a bit of a challenge, but here's near the end of the first training session. We are still working on sit with Talon ;) lol
How awesome is Art?! :D

Catsi

I wasnt expecting Bandit to even humor me and for this to take more work for him not to shut down and default to a lay down and not budge but he actually took to this trick with a lot of gusto. Im getting more of a jump right off the ground but hey, anything is good that isnt a lie down for my dog.
I am really impressed with your timing of the clicker! I've never really got the hang of it properly, it's something I have to just keep working at.

Catsi

Here's the first and last part of the two shaping sessions we've done (just to kinda show the process)
Loved watching the progression! Would love to try shaping sit pretty with Abby, but I've only really ever shaped objects. But I'll give it a go anyway. Plan B is probably going to be a target stick. But I also like the idea of the paws on frisbee that someone else in this thread mention (so sorry, I can't remember who for the moment - I'll go back soon and find out). I'm afraid that Abby wouldn't settle when she saw her frisbee - she's a bit mad for it lol.

Members online

No members online now.