Libby's first trial!

Libby and I had a GREAT day at the NADAC trial! Out of 4 runs, we Q'd 3 of them with no faults! She whizzed through Jumpers. We went off course in the first Regular run - there was a tunnel entrance right next to the A-frame, and she took the A-frame rather than the tunnel. I hadn't planned on doing both rounds, but they let me sign up for the second round, which didn't pose that particular challenge, and she did great, nailing the 6-pole weaves and going through hoops like a pro even though we'd never done a hoop before today. The only slight issue was a brief moment of discussion at the entrance to the tunnel (the other end of the one under the A-frame). So after that class, I'm thinking we really need to work on tunnels (which is true), and that she's not liking tunnels today. They set up for touch-n-go, and there are 4 tunnels(!), with the first one being the same next-to-A-frame configuration that had messed me up in regular. I was worried! I had figured out a better way to approach that first tunnel, and I had a feeling that if we could just get that one right, she'd be ok with the rest of them. And it worked! She hesitated for just a moment at that first tunnel, then she charged into the other 3 with no problems. She was wonderful!

Thanks again for the advice, everyone. We aimed for fun, and we had a great time!

Here's a photo of her on the dogwalk:

Attachments

CaliTerp07

Yay libby!

Isn't it interesting how they don't seem to have a problem with the hoops? Lucy'd never seen one before her first trial either, but she dove right through it. I think it looks like a jump standard with a dropped bar to them, so they just run between the posts.

BostonBanker

Congratulations! Nice to see her actually running on the dog walk - so many novice dogs I see creep along or trot at the most - she looks very confident on it!

Members online

No members online now.