Peektures from Mavrick's first agility foundation class

Kayla

Mavrick finished his first agility class tonight, we didn't have a formal graduation but instead spent the night rotating through fun stations.

It's the first agility class I've ever taken and it was so worth finding a trainer I heard multiple good reviews about even though it meant driving an hour and twenty miniutes one way after work on monday evenings.

He really got the hang of offering behaviour and shaping during the 8 weeks and is wildly more aware of how he can control the training situation and the click and reinforcement flow based upon his actions which is so neat to see, I thought it would take more time with him but apparently not.

Mavrick's whole composure changed through the process, he went from inhibited and mildly reactive (something we had worked on previously before starting class) to intensly interested in playing tug and retrieving thrown toys for me to tug with him, he handled the relatively low-key classroom excellently and gladly played the look at that game with me.

The class size was perfect at just 4 dogs and the training room was GINORMOUS so everyone had enough space.

Anyways enjoy the peektures, they aren't the best quality but they've all I got so I'm posting them anyhow lol.

*more to come*

Kayla

Last one:)

Moving forward I'm going to continue building value for his targeting and work on this seperatly before adding it into his targeting position in 2 on 2 off

I'm continuing to read and work through "Agility right from the start" By Eve and Emile (dont recall last names) it's a KPCT book and I picked it up from Clicker Expo last year and absolutly love it.

Barb04

Super Moderator
You both look like you enjoyed it; so glad it went so well. Great pics.

Dekka

Just try me..
yay he looks so happy! Tell him to stop looking up on the contacts, head down silly boy. So are you guys going to continue? (lol man I am such a pusher... agility is addictive)

RD

Are you dead yet?
I <3 Mav. He looks like he's having so much fun!

Kayla

Thx everyone:)

It certainly was a blast.

Dekka- I will pass the message on to Mav lol:p I'm actually still working the targeting separately as there value is sloowly building up but I'm just working on it on the stairs for now and will add it in together as soon as it's ready and then see if I can build up enough value so that looking at me is no longer offered.

Perhaps it would have been better to avoid working on anything resembling an A-frame until the targeting was solid and ready but live and learn right:).

I'm going to continue all of his foundation work at home out back over the next few months before considering another class but it certainly is addictive so I'd like to continue on.

Cheers

Dekka

Just try me..
Once my ring is fenced you will have to come and visit and play!! Horray for agility addicts!

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
Looks like he had a blast :D Loved the pictures. I have to drive 1hr+ each way to get to Agility class too... definitely worth it!

Dekka - we've been doing Agility for about 6-7 months now and it is definitely addicting!

Members online