People Good With Colours?

~Tucker&Me~

Wait. People dress their birds? I totally didn't know that was a thing.

I would go maybe...Caribbean for bird 1? And um...ask them to get some new fabric choices for bird 2? :p

~Tucker&Me~

Wait. People dress their birds? I totally didn't know that was a thing.

I would go maybe...Caribbean for bird 1? And um...ask them to get some new fabric choices for bird 2? :p
Haha it's not for aesthetics, I think the birds look much better without them ;) Flightsuits are harnesses that you can use to take your bird outside and out and about with you without worrying (they come with a lightweight leash lanyard) and they also function as a sort of "diaper" so you don't have to worry about droppings when you are indoors.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Edit: I figure since the bird I am getting will have to wear one he may as well look good in it!

It's not exactly a thing there are bird owners who would never consider it. It's mostly for the purpose of using a "leash" and preventing the bird from making messes when out of its cage.
I'm not a bird person, it didn't even occur to me that it was a harness/leash (looked at all the pictures and didn't see anything that looked like a tether could be attached), I just figured bird people were as crazy as dog people. ;)

~Tucker&Me~

It's mostly for the purpose of using a "leash" and preventing the bird from making messes when out of its cage.
Exactly, there are only a few specific situations that I would like to use it for (occasional trips outside and visits to the old folk's home) but for those situations it will be super convenient.

Are you getting one or both?
Thanks! Getting one and just having a really tough time making a decision. As far as I have heard both are very similar in personality so it's mostly just aesthetics. I am more attracted to the CBC and much prefer the larger and cobbier body but it's also more expensive so...

I just figured bird people were as crazy as dog people. ;)
Hahahahahaha.... You could say that :rofl1:

Hmmm...Red on the Crimson Bellied, and Lime Green on the Fire Shoulder?

Congrats on the birds by the way :D.
Thanks! Still deciding but I should know within the next 48 hours or so.

I also totally blipped over the fact that you said solid colors. Yep, clearly losing my mind today, sorry. I agree with crazed on the red then for the first one (picked caribbean because it was the only one that sort of matched the bird's colors and was sort of, um...muted/not-thhparkly :lol-sign:) but I'd personally go hunter for the second.

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
I'd go with the light blue/aqua for bird one, and the royal blue for bird two. :) Or whichever blue matches their blue feathers the best. I think that a hunter green or red would be either too much or a bit Christmas-sy.

I'm not a bird person, it didn't even occur to me that it was a harness/leash (looked at all the pictures and didn't see anything that looked like a tether could be attached), I just figured bird people were as crazy as dog people. ;)
Yeah you can't really tell in the picture but the leash part attaches with velcro. And oh you're right. Bird people are as crazy as dog people lol.

Members online

No members online now.