New puppy ?

Dobelover

Dobe's rule
Hi everyone.

I am thinking of getting a Yorkie pup. I really like this small breed.

What do you all think. I have two Dobes right now and they are really well socialized with other dogs and small dogs. Do you think there might be an issue ??Anyone have experiences with this ?? AND what would you get a male pup or female pup?

Thx:)

R

RedyreRottweilers

You would have to be very careful. Even an adult yorkie could be accidentally injured by a large dog such as a Dobe, just in regular play.

You should also be very careful about where you get a Yorkie. They are a favorite breed of millers and high risk back yarders.

joce

My cousins yorkie is with my dobe and her two other huge dogs all the tiem and she is just great.

What are the dobes? If its male and femal are they fixed? I'd probally go with a female if you have a male already. But know going into it that you may have to have an area for time outs and for it to be able to get away from the bigger dogs if it wants to.

My cousins yorkie grew up with the big dogs and thinks she is jsut like the rest of them.

Dobelover

Dobe's rule
Thx for the replies. :)

I am thinking of getting female as my Dobes are both male. They are both nuetered.

I love Yorkies and my dogs have been around one before and it was funny because they we kind of wondering what this small thing was that was chaing them around. :) But they ended up playing with her.

I do have cats and my dogs are very very good with them so at least for my dogs size doesn't seem to matter . ( hehehe :eek: ) JK.

Anyone else? There has to be people on here that have Yorkies.

Members online

No members online now.