2013 Official Chaz Weight Loss Challenge

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
I'm going to walk half of a mile on the treadmill today if it kills me.

I feel inferior because everyone else is like "Oh man, I did 5+ miles today!", but... hey, baby steps.

Equinox

Keep up with it! I googled some pics of results after 30 days and that keeps me motivated.
Thanks! I'm not feeling bad today. Legs and butt are super sore, and my stomach is especially sore and achey, but I was able to get of bed and go to classes and everything. Definitely have the motivation and energy to do Day 2 of the 30 :)

I didn't realize my MFP was on private, I'll go see if I can change it. I think it's definitely my food choices. I'm probably eating way too many carbs, now looking back on my diary. I just looked at yours, and now I feel ashamed, LOL... like I said, I'm horrible when it comes to food stuff, and I'm super picky, and we haven't been to the grocery store in a while, so my options have been limited. I was waiting on receiving my food plan in the mail that I ordered from a personal trainer.

So even though I've been watching my calorie intake and not snacking on random junk, I probably haven't been making the brightest choices. Yesterday I started out with one piece of toast with a bit of peanut butter on it. And a banana. Lunch was at Pot Belly Sandwiches ... I got their "Skinny Beef" on wheat bread with just provolone cheese (under 350 calories). I also had their broccoli/cheddar soup and a small strawberry banana smoothie (179 calories). Dinner was tilapia and brown rice. I had some lightly salted cashews for a snack and a bowl of cheerios last night when I was hungry, after I made my post. Drank 8 glasses of water. And then of course, walked and did 30 day shred.
Oh, don't feel bad LOL My diet is on the more extreme end of the low carb diets. I started it on the assumption that my exercise level will not be changing (from a very moderate level), haven't actually done any research on LCHF diets while training or building muscle.

I'm SGonzo15 on mfp, if anyone wants to add me.

On that note, how do you look someone up by their mfp user name? It only gives me the option to look people up using email address, Facebook, or out of my contacts.
Added you!

To search for contacts by their MFP username, go to your front page and look at the very top of the page where the tabs are ("My Home" // "Food" // "Exercise" etc.) and the last tab should be "Community". Click that, and look at the blue bar right underneath the tabs that now should say "Message Boards" // "Groups" // "Blogs" // "Find Members" // "Invite Friends". Click on "Find Members" and just enter the uesrname into that last box where it says "Username" or "Email".

Or just follow this link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/user/search

It's also popular to say "if you're not eating enough your body is in STARVATION MODE!!" but starvation mode is not quite the right term... however it does seriously impede fat loss. It also impedes muscle growth (and rebuilding) which are both important for fat loss, and also important for athletic performance.
Oh geez, THANK YOU. Thank you for saying this, because this whole "starvation mode" thing needs some serious clarification with the way it's being thrown around these days.

I'm going to walk half of a mile on the treadmill today if it kills me.

I feel inferior because everyone else is like "Oh man, I did 5+ miles today!", but... hey, baby steps.
lol... just check back on my "tried to run a mile and holy **** out of breath noooooooooo" post ;) But I'm still pleased that I actually got off my ass and did that mile! Everything counts.

Equinox

Just finished day 2 of the 30 Day shred. It actually went by MUCH faster than day 1 did, although my muscles were burning and I'm in a lot more pain now. Can't wait to see how I feel tomorrow morning...

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Kicked ass today. Ate right, kept the proteins and fiber high, drank plenty of water. I worked out as hard as I possibly could burning (according to my heart monitor and the VO2 Max calculator) over 400 calories.

Sitting eating a turkey sandwich and drinking some more water. Got that great "post workout" burn feeling I missed so much.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
we did Hip Hop Abs at fit club last night. SO much fun. We did a 30 minute video and a 5 minute ab video after. The last minute Abs video is on youtube if anyone wants to try it. Just look up Shawn T's last minute abs and you should find it. Most intense 5 minutes of my life lol. (didn't help that my coach made me wear his weighted gloves last night lol and there are a lot of BIG arm movements)

Also, if you are at all interested in Hip Hop Abs as a workout the set of DVD's is still on sale for only $20 (regularly around $70 for the set) on beachbody's website. teambeachbody.com is also a great place to talk with other people who are doing the same programs as you are and to track your progress AND if you take the Beachbody challenge (submit a before photo and track your progress and submit an after shot) you could win $500 or more :) If you don't have a coach already on there you can use my dear friend. her name on there is Hartnetts9. So if you think hip hop abs would interest you at all, now is a great time to grab it for cheap. I can't wait until mine comes.

OOK promotion over lol now ... it was an awesomely fun workout but man this about sums me up when I was doing it

just replace 'Zumba" with "Hip hop abs" LOL.

Also, today is not my weigh in day but sometimes after a great night of fit club I can't help but jump on the scale.

190 :D that means I have lost exactly 15 pounds since I started this journey at the beginning of January :)

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
YAAAAY my hip hop abs came today. I wasn't expecting it until March 1st. I love surprises lol

If you are wondering what all you can get for the $20 promotional price here is everything I got today

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Just went for a 1.5 mile fast walk/steady jog.
I listened to:
Titanium by David G. ft Sia (walk)

Kick It In The Sticks by Brantley Gilbert (jog)

Part Of Me by Katy Perry (walk)

I Cry by Flo Rida (jog)

Cruise by Florida Georgia Line (walk)

Hard In Da Paint by Waka Flocka Flame (jog)

That walk/jog pattern works so good for me. My calves, butt, and abs are really feeling it.
I just throw my music player on shuffle and walk to one song and run to the next song, and I just keep doing that for 1.5 miles.

And I've been eating really great so far today. Tangerines are my weakness, thank God they are healthy.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Just went for a 1.5 mile fast walk/steady jog.
I listened to:
Titanium by David G. ft Sia (walk)

Kick It In The Sticks by Brantley Gilbert (jog)

Part Of Me by Katy Perry (walk)

I Cry by Flo Rida (jog)

Cruise by Florida Georgia Line (walk)

Hard In Da Paint by Waka Flocka Flame (jog)

That walk/jog pattern works so good for me. My calves, butt, and abs are really feeling it.
I just throw my music player on shuffle and walk to one song and run to the next song, and I just keep doing that for 1.5 miles.

And I've been eating really great so far today. Tangerines are my weakness, thank God they are healthy.
Awesome :D Way to work it out even when you started the day not feeling well. ESPECIALLY since you started the day not feeling well.

I can't walk or jog to music because I can't keep a consistent pace lol. it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to not walk/jog in time with the beat of the music lol.

I just finished 50 minutes of Turbo Jams Punch, Kick and Jam. I only have 6 days left of this challenge and then I get my T shirt for completing the 30 day challenge. Next challenege... Get a Hip Hop Abs T shirt :) (and a rocking bod LOL)

Yesterday was great. I got to work and my boss stopped and said "WOW I can really notice you getting slimmer and I can't usually notice that stuff" :D THANKS BOSS LADY!!!!

and then at Fit Club we were in the middle of Hip Hop Abs and we were doing the "swagger walk" back and forth and on one pass my coach looked at me and then did a double take and said 'Man, you are looking SLENDER today' YAAAAY two people noticed lol. When we were done he said 'Keep it up lady, it is really starting to show"

When other people notice it just solidifies that it's working no matter if I can see it or not lol

JacksonsMom

YAAAAY my hip hop abs came today. I wasn't expecting it until March 1st. I love surprises lol

If you are wondering what all you can get for the $20 promotional price here is everything I got today

Ohhhh, I think I might have to do this! Sounds GREAT! I love stuf like this, where it's just all... layed out for me. 'Do this, then do that' hahaha.

JacksonsMom

Day 7 of 30 day shred. It's certainly getting easier. I don't really start breathing super heavy until about 10 mins in now... I used to right after the warm up. lol. Still a super hardcore workout for me, by the end I'm pooped, but I'm thinking I'll try level 2 on day 10. Maybe.

I also walked about 2 miles beforehand at the park with Jax. I wanted to do more, but he ended up having fun at the dog park for about an hour, so I let him keep playing and we wasted some of our walking time but oh well.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Ohhhh, I think I might have to do this! Sounds GREAT! I love stuf like this, where it's just all... layed out for me. 'Do this, then do that' hahaha.
yeah same here. I need to be told what to do lol and if you sign up for the beach body challenge and use this for your challenge program you will get a free T shirt which seems lame... like a free T shirt but when you GET your free T shirt it's like YEAH I EARNED MY SHIRT lol

plus it's really a fun workout (even if you can't dance... like me lol)

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Gotta give props to the beachbody folks. Their dvd programs are good motivational tools for people who want to work out "on their own". I've done P90X and the 10 Minute Trainer. Both are great programs.

Just finished the last workout of "week 8" in 10 minute trainer. Another Cardio/Yoga day. My calculations show just over 400 calories burned. Eating a piece of cheese and having a huge glass of water.

I'm thinking of crab cakes for dinner.

Weigh in on Friday or Saturday.

BTW - I'm "emcque" on "Spark People" if any of you use that site. I know many are on my fitness pal.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I can't walk or jog to music because I can't keep a consistent pace lol. it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to not walk/jog in time with the beat of the music lol.
That's the idea! Particularly with this:
http://jog.fm/

I've read so many studies on music and run pace and how it affects people's runs. It's interesting stuff.
The marathon here is a USTAF certified race and we are allowed headphones, but the top finishers aren't supposed to be allowed to wear them. I think it was on Runner's World a guy said he finished third and they approached him and asked if he wanted to file a complaint because the person who finished second place was wearing headphones - if he had decided to file a complaint they would have taken away her "placement" and he would be second instead. It's apparently an "unfair advantage" to run with headphones because music can certainly fuel you to run faster (I can personally attest to that.)

JacksonsMom

Gotta give props to the beachbody folks. Their dvd programs are good motivational tools for people who want to work out "on their own". I've done P90X and the 10 Minute Trainer. Both are great programs.

Just finished the last workout of "week 8" in 10 minute trainer. Another Cardio/Yoga day. My calculations show just over 400 calories burned. Eating a piece of cheese and having a huge glass of water.

I'm thinking of crab cakes for dinner.

Weigh in on Friday or Saturday.

BTW - I'm "emcque" on "Spark People" if any of you use that site. I know many are on my fitness pal.
Hmm, now I wanna try 10 minute trainer too. Is it a DVD?

Crab cakes sound delicious...

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Hmm, now I wanna try 10 minute trainer too. Is it a DVD?

Crab cakes sound delicious...
Yes. Same people "beachbody". http://www.teambeachbody.com/workout-routines/10-minute-trainer-workout

It's 80 bucks, I believe. Similar to "Insanity", it keeps you going without breaks. Programs like P90X are longer workouts, but you rest during the workouts. In TMT, it's 10 minutes straight - move to move to move. It's a great starter program. You do at least one workout a day (except for the single rest day a week) and if you feel good and want faster results, you can add up to two more that day. So, like a morning, afternoon, evening set of workouts. I find it's easy to keep motivated because I KNOW that I can find 10 minutes in a day.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR

I've read so many studies on music and run pace and how it affects people's runs. It's interesting stuff.
The marathon here is a USTAF certified race and we are allowed headphones, but the top finishers aren't supposed to be allowed to wear them. I think it was on Runner's World a guy said he finished third and they approached him and asked if he wanted to file a complaint because the person who finished second place was wearing headphones - if he had decided to file a complaint they would have taken away her "placement" and he would be second instead. It's apparently an "unfair advantage" to run with headphones because music can certainly fuel you to run faster (I can personally attest to that.)
Wow that is very interesting.
I LOVE running while listening to music. Its hard for me to run without music, actually.

Eta: Just found 1, 2, 3, 4 United States Marine Corps song. I have been trying to find it to put it on my music player for days.
Thank you Beanie for sharing this site. I could just kiss you right now. I got WAY to excited when I found that song.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney

Yeah I know but if I have a fast song and then a song like "cruise" by florida georgia line (which is a song I LOOOOVE) I would end up going quite slowwwww and then maybe super fast again. Plus I'm too dancy lol

Equinox

Made zucchini noodles with peanut sauce for my meals today!!

I almost could not get out of bed today. Feeling much more sore than I was yesterday. Now I'm adding music to my playlist for the 30 Day Shred workout - I'm also one of those who work a LOT better while listening to music. Right now, it's some Imagine Dragons, Too Close by Alex Clare, The Cataracs + DEV, and a few Ke$ha songs :rofl1: I will not apologize.

Members online

No members online now.