Ackk I think a bee got Pompadour's face

OMG some minutes ago Pompadour's muzzle got swollen :eek:

He has a bug looking bite near an eye, I think a bee got him :eek: we took him to the potty in the garden and minutes later his muzzle got swollen.

However he is acting normal playing wit toys, accepting food, etc, the only thing is that sometimes he rubs his face against the sofa.

I tried to call his vet, but the office is closed, so I called the emergency phone but who replied wasn't his vet but a helper of him who told me to give him 5 ml of anti-allergic for humans, but Pompadour is so small I'm afraid it could kill him.

So I will have to wait until the vet's office is open tommorrow morning. :(

Here's a pic of him.

Bug bite? over eye.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Yup that's a bee sting!! Be sure to get the stinger out.. SCRAPE IT OFF using a credit card (DO NOT PULL or it will release more venom) then make a mix of baking soda and water (to make a paste) and apply it onto the sting!

Next, to help with the swelling/reaction.. the oral dose of Benadryl is 1 milligram per pound of body weight. That really helps.. Also, ICE ICE ICE. Right on the muzzle/sting area, it'll really help.

Keep an EYE on him!! If he looks like he is going into shock (trouble breathing, trembling, vomiting, fast breathing ) you will NEED to get to the vet

Thanks for the suggestions Fran ;)

I tried the ice and he is better now, the swollen is calming down, it also fell softer and not hard like before, looks like I got the sting out too.

I'm going to take him to the vet tomorrow just in case.

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
You shouldn't need to take him to the vet if he is acting normally and not having a reaction. Keep and eye on the sting and if it gets bigger or appears infected, THEN take him to the vet. A bee sting is usually not serious.

poor boy! I hope he is doing better today!
He was itchy in the morning so we took him to the vet today and he gave him an anti allergic shot.

He is doing better now, his face is still a bit swollen but mush better than yesterday.

The itchy has decreased and he is sleepy from the medicine, but he is eating fine. :)

Barb04

Super Moderator
Poor baby; hope the swelling goes down and feels better soon. Those darn bees!

Members online

No members online now.