*Our Near-Drowning Experience*

caseyolee

Border Collies R' Us
I have a nice little story to tell:

Earlier today, my mom and I went up the street to our neighbors pond to swim. We took our dogs with us, as they absolutley LOVE the water. She took her St. Bernard and I took my 7 mon old BC pup (Flye), my 3 yr old BC, and my 4 mon old Pit pup (Chaquita) with me.

My mom and I were out on the pond on rafts, enjoying ourselves. The two pups were out on the other side of the pond swimming around. Well, I looked over to see Chaquita climb up on the back of Flye. She climbed all the way up to her head. Meanwhile, Flye was completley submerged in water. I jumped off my raft and like power swam over to them. It took me about 15-20 seconds to get to them, meanwhile Flye was still submerged in water. I finally got there and grabbed Chaquita and hiked her into the water about 3 feet away. I grabbed Flye and headed for shore. The poor pup was like traumatized for a half hour! Flye LOVES the water, but she was very leary of it after that. I hope she isn't like scared for life.

O my gosh. I was like petrified when I saw her. I thought for sure she was going to drown! :eek:

Last edited:

Doberluv

Oh my gosh! That IS scary. Who would have ever thought that would happen? I do hope she'll get over that fear. I guess you'll need to spend some time just with her maybe and just play around near the water and start from the beginning. Poor baby.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
awww poor doggy :( that must have been really scary for her. When we take teddy to the beach we bring a toy that will sink and put it in water deep enough that he has to put just his face underwater to get the toy. He is getting better and better about going in to get the toy underwater and he's not so scared of water going over his head now.

showpug

caseyolee said:
We're going up to the pond again later today. I'll let ya know how it goes.
Oooh....watch them close so it doesn't happen again! How scary for you and for Fly :(

Members online

No members online now.