shampoo

andrewxlt

What is a good shampoo for a dog that has flaky skin, and a few hotspots. Rusty has a place that he itches all the time and he just keeps reactivating the irrtation. I am using hotspot spray to keep him from scratching it I was just curious to a good shampoo that might help clear up the irritation. Thanks.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
When Quigley had hotspots from flea allergy dermatitis as a puppy, I had really good results with Earthbath Tea Tree Oil and Aloe Vera:

http://earthbath.com/teatreeoil_pint.html

In the beginning when it was really bad, I bathed him daily for 4-5 days in a row, then twice a week for a couple weeks, until everything had healed up.

Have you shaved the hotspots to allow for better air circulation?

bubbatd

Agree with Mordy .... area has to be clipped and kept dry . Before the flea and tick pills, a couple of my dogs would have a spot the size of a dime and the next day it would be the size of a silver dollar. Back then , tar soap was our only choice.

Our vet advised us to use Johnson Baby shampoo, as he says that 99% of the dog's shampoo is well over priced. We have always used Johnson on our dogs, never had a problem and much cheaper

Toller_08

I'd never use baby shampoo on my dogs. I did once for Tango while we were staying at a friend's place and she got into something disgusting, and her skin got really dry. I use Earthbath on my dogs, and love their products. I'll probably always use it :)

Members online

No members online now.