The Venting Thread

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Is this week over yet?

I walked into complete chaos this afternoon when I got to work. We ended up being short handed because one of the techs had a family emergency so she couldn't come in... so I walk in and they're just about to start an orthopedic surgery with the surgeon that came in, we have a cat we need to anesthetize so we can flush the wax balls out of her ears, there's a dog hooked up to IV fluids who by the way has chewed her catheter out twice already today so needs to be watched closely, and appointments start in an hour. It is just me, another tech, and the doctor. One of us has to be receptionist so it is essentially like having only one tech. It was a whirlwind of an afternoon, because our day wasn't even scheduled accordingly because we were supposed to be fully staffed.

The sucky thing is that it's the same situation tomorrow. Just me and another tech all day and for the last hour of the day it's actually just me and the doctor. On Friday it'll be the same situation in the afternoon. Which could go really bad - Fridays are always busy and it's the day after a holiday. AND on Saturday it's just 2 of us, again.

I'm tired just thinking of it. It's soooo stressful when we're shorthanded and I always end up feeling like I'm doing things half-assed or that I'm forgetting to do something.... blah. Crap week.

SpringerLover

Buzz is shaking his head since I trimmed his ears today. It was sporadic after that, so I cleaned them. Now it's pretty frequent, so I put Malotic in the one ear he seems to be holding down. DON'T YOU DARE GET A HEMATOMA BECAUSE I GOT HAIR IN YOUR EAR CANAL!

Ermagerd. Annoyed and feel badly for him. I'm hoping he sleeps well and wakes up without shaking his head.

Also, they're conducting "random REinspections" of apartments tomorrow. I got notice today. I realized today that A) Nobody but Lauren and Tim have ever come into my apartment without me while I've had Gaby and B) The a/c doesn't get to the "cat room" where the cats have to stay while maintenance is possibly coming. Uhm... ugh.

Oh, I also have a Pharm test tomorrow. That should be fine as long as I figure out a way to remember the difference between the corticosteroids.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
OMG I just found front row seats to Justin Bieber in Chicago for $175.... This is like...not possible. And just unheard of. What the heck!! I already have floor seats for his Atlanta concert! I would seriously go to both but my parents aren't going for it! Plus this Chicago show is July 9th... Little short notice.

crazedACD

So I started seeing my ex again. Now that I'm not moving, and after seeing him a few days, I kind of settled into being happy that I'm with him. After the disappointment of not moving, I told myself at least I get to stay and see how things go with him. He's always been the epitome of a 'nice guy' and always seemed very loving and respectful.

And then his girlfriend posted on his facebook very happy that they had reached their one year anniversary. :(

When I congratulated him (lol) his only response was that it was an on/off relationship. It's been like a week...no apology, no further explanation, no lame excuses or anything.

I'm so over it all.

Got yet another message on dating site from a guy older than me by more than a decade and out of my stated date range.
So I disabled my account.

So done with this. I don't even care anymore.
I was sitting on the registration page yesterday..but the thought of going out with yet another (and weeding through the crap) is just exhausting.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Got yet another message on dating site from a guy older than me by more than a decade and out of my stated date range.
So I disabled my account.

So done with this. I don't even care anymore.
You. Are. Awesome.

Whatever it is, it's not you. We need to find you an awesome guy. Problem is, I don't know any in IL.

One cancellation, one no show, and a dog with a super infected penis that I sent home with orders to seek veterinary care... I groomed two dogs today. Fml.
((HUG))

Insanity.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
It's the definition of insanity....
I just.. oh, you guys. . .

So I started seeing my ex again. Now that I'm not moving, and after seeing him a few days, I kind of settled into being happy that I'm with him. After the disappointment of not moving, I told myself at least I get to stay and see how things go with him. He's always been the epitome of a 'nice guy' and always seemed very loving and respectful.

And then his girlfriend posted on his facebook very happy that they had reached their one year anniversary. :(

When I congratulated him (lol) his only response was that it was an on/off relationship. It's been like a week...no apology, no further explanation, no lame excuses or anything.

I'm so over it all.
FOR REAL?

I would let her know. What a loser.

Saeleofu

OMG I just found front row seats to Justin Bieber in Chicago for $175.... This is like...not possible. And just unheard of. What the heck!!

Um, if it's THAT weird...it's probably a scam. Sure, there's a chance it's not, but...I'd lean towards scam.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
No. I stopped it before he snapped off anywhere near the root. The teeth he knocked out were not from the bars, and those needed surgery.
Gotcha.
I need to get Fable's teeth checked out for any procedures she may need, but I have no money right now. I had a vet fund but spent it and haven't had a chance to rebuild it. I need to work something out. In the meantime my only comfort is that she's not showing any pain and there's no further cracking, swelling, or anything.
But having serious dental problems myself I know exposed dentin hurts like hell.
That's my vent.

Lyzelle

Currently completelly trashed.

Still happy. Meanwhile, a botch complains on the sidelines that she doesn't get attention. Non-confrontational. Passive aggressive. Drama starter. More likely to sit by and wait for someone to prove something to her than just go get it.

Most frustrating thing in the world. Not my problem. Still ruined my night.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I'm leaving for the beach today and I'm just really anxious about being away from my dogs. I know they are in good hands, but it feels so weird to leave them for a few days.

All my dogs are separated from each other too. Cricket is staying with my friend from work and is probably going to have a blast since my friend's coolie is her Cricket's best friend. Joey is staying with Cristy (sweet72***) from Chaz and Bamm is boarding at my work because I had nowhere else for him to go. He is used to being at my work though since he goes with me to work usually and there are a few trainers there that are going to keep a good eye on him and try to keep him comfortable. He seems to really like one trainer in particular so I'm crossing my fingers. I'm nervous to leave him anywhere though.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Oh ya I'm also going to the beach sick. Been still having those stomach aches every time I eat. I made it worse by hitting a drive thru last night because nothing else was open on my way home. Ended up spending the morning so far in the bathroom. Not to mention I've also had a stuffy nose and the worst cough ever for over a week now. Been taking Tylenol liquid cold medicine but it hasn't improved. Wish I didn't have to go on this beach trip.

RD

Are you dead yet?
So.

I'm the sole source of financial support for my recently unemployed roommate.

I recently found out, through my other roommate, that he has received a sizable check from his grandmother and he is GIVING IT AWAY to his brother who's expecting a kid soon.

WHAT THE **** EVER, DUDE. Like I'm not busting my back to keep us afloat, that **** would really help, but okay, I guess your brother who pays no rent and has a baby mama who probably won't get a job for YEARS needs it more than you do. In the meantime, I feel completely **** on because I'd like to let him use his own money to buy some of the stuff he wants, so I can buy some of the stuff -I- want. Because yeah, I want stuff too. I wanna spend my money on me sometimes. Imagine that ****.

Sick sick sick sick sick of prioritizing someone I love so goddamn much, only to get nothing in return. I am livid. Beyond livid. So close to just telling him to **** off, but I know as soon as I'm about to snap, he's going to do something to lift my spirits and make everything all sunshine and rainbows again.

Ughhhhhhh.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Oi vey. I swear too much, and it only seems to be getting worse these days. I used to think I was classy, now I'm just nasty. :(

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Sick sick sick sick sick of prioritizing someone I love so goddamn much, only to get nothing in return. I am livid. Beyond livid. So close to just telling him to **** off, but I know as soon as I'm about to snap, he's going to do something to lift my spirits and make everything all sunshine and rainbows again.
You need to put your foot down on this one and stop the cycle now. I'm not saying this is abuse, but you realize how much this SOUNDS like a woman in an abusive situation, right? "Well, he's mean to me and yells at me and throws things at me and tells me I'm worthless... but then he goes out and he buys me flowers because he's sorry, so... it's okay." Nobody would think that was acceptable, so just because he's not being abusive (and I don't know the story, maybe he is) doesn't make this cycle any better or any more acceptable.

What he is doing, whether he means to or not, is taking advantage of you. And guys DO know when a girl loves them and they can take advantage of that fact. I've been in that situation. I loved somebody so much and he knew it, and he didn't love me, but he DID know that whenever he needed an ego boost, I would be right there. He only ever had use for me when he NEEDED me to make himself feel better... he never had any use for me any other time.

No. Make it stop.
You deserve much better.

Taqroy

You need to put your foot down on this one and stop the cycle now. I'm not saying this is abuse, but you realize how much this SOUNDS like a woman in an abusive situation, right? "Well, he's mean to me and yells at me and throws things at me and tells me I'm worthless... but then he goes out and he buys me flowers because he's sorry, so... it's okay." Nobody would think that was acceptable, so just because he's not being abusive (and I don't know the story, maybe he is) doesn't make this cycle any better or any more acceptable.

What he is doing, whether he means to or not, is taking advantage of you. And guys DO know when a girl loves them and they can take advantage of that fact. I've been in that situation. I loved somebody so much and he knew it, and he didn't love me, but he DID know that whenever he needed an ego boost, I would be right there. He only ever had use for me when he NEEDED me to make himself feel better... he never had any use for me any other time.

No. Make it stop.
You deserve much better.
All of this. Beanie put it so much better than I could.

(((((hugs))))) You're an awesome person and you DO NOT deserve this.

CaliTerp07

Gotcha.
I need to get Fable's teeth checked out for any procedures she may need, but I have no money right now. I had a vet fund but spent it and haven't had a chance to rebuild it. I need to work something out. In the meantime my only comfort is that she's not showing any pain and there's no further cracking, swelling, or anything.
But having serious dental problems myself I know exposed dentin hurts like hell.
That's my vent.
:(

Lucy broke teeth last fall. I could have killed the dog. I noticed in October that she had broken a molar, so we made the appointment to put her under and have it removed. Then in December, SEVEN WEEKS LATER, she bit her crate bars too hard and broke a canine. Within 2 months, she had to have 2 surgeries to remove teeth.

She now has a wonky mouth where her tongue permi-flops out the left side. It's cute, in an "I'm missing brain cells" sort of way.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I just ordered heartworm meds for all the dogs. My vet doesn't carry Sentinel, you have to order it... and THEY don't order it, I have to order it online through their pharmacy. Stupid. So if I have to order online, fine, I'll order through 1-800-PetMeds which is cheaper.

So I ordered meds for everybody, la la la, okay, accomplished. Got up and went to the bathroom, was washing my hands when it hit me.

I FORGOT ABOUT PEPPER.

How do you forget about a dog?! I feel so mean and terrible. I just completely forgot about her. =< I even added Georgie into my account so I can order for her, so I guess since I was so busy worrying about Georgie (since she's not mine) that I just totally forgot about Pepper.
So I placed another order just for Pep. Poor girl.

Also OMG ordering heartworm meds for four dogs is $$$. At least it's a year's worth so I won't have to do this again until next year. Sigh.

Members online