what do you feed?

Innova Evo, Orijen and raw meat (whatever I happen to have in the freezer. Its mostly raw beef though). I am very happy and comfortable with what I am feeding. I used to feed Wellness Super 5 and I was serously just waiting for them to be added to the recall list. I used to be very happy with Wellness but after they switched owners and the recipe changed competely, I was simply not happy with it and the lowered quality was evident with the boys.

I supplement with Apple Cider Vinegar and Missing Link Joint Formula but once this bag is finished I will be switching to getting human supplements of Glucosomine, Ester-C and maybe some figh oil capsules...

Luvntzus

I'm currently feeding Eagle Pack Holistic kibble and Nature's Variety canned. I feel fine about both of those brands, but I'll be switching to Innova canned. Nature's Variety is just too expensive and I have to drive 20 minutes each way to get it.

dogsbestfriend

Talk to the Paw!
No more commercial dog food. I feed:

-brown rice or oatmeal
-chicken, ground turkey ground beef, salmon or sardines
-veggies
-daily supplement (Kelp Help)
-yogurt or cottage cheese
-rmb's a couple of times a week

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
I feed Canidae lamb and rice, mixed with canned Canidae lamb and rice. I'm so happy Uncle Fred isn't having bloody mucousy diarrhea I'm not expecting to switch any time soon.

Buster just ran out of Canidae, so I'm trying EVO. I recalculated how much it would cost, and its not that much more than Canidae, depending on how much Buster actually eats.

I want to go raw, but no dead poultry while I'm living at home... 4 months!

RD

Are you dead yet?
Eve eats mostly raw, with a few meals of California Natural per week. I just bought another small bag of CN for her and it'll be her last. The boys eat about 50/50 raw/EVO.

I'm comfortable with what I feed, for the most part. I'd love to ditch the kibble entirely but can't until we get a separate freezer for all their meat.

little liz

little liz
well I feed 'Argo dog museli' and ' HiLife chicken choices' with the occasional bit of ground chicken/beef or egg or meat juices, and a bit of veg very occassionaly, added. i am quite appy with how Minnie is doing on this and she gets meat every day as treats to

ACooper

Was on Canadae..........switched to Homecooked, not looking back.

Have tried Solid Gold, and Chicken soup for dogs, and Blue Buffalo fish and sweet potato...........but the dogs really preferred the taste of Canadae over all of them.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
the chis are on Merrick
they like the food, im happy with the quality and they look great.
I am however thinking i might switch to preground raw if they'll eat it, the price is comparable to kibble (especially for the amount my 2 munchkins woud eat) and the place id get my preground chicken the're 100% organic (fed NO importated grains and no "recycled" dog food")

My current fear is now that the scare has enetered the human food chain (chickens and hogs eated tainted feed) that these meat products may end up in dog food causing issues over again *sigh* so local raised raw might be the safest way to go.

the great dane will be fed RAW from day one.

SwampBug

I feed Mo & our 2 cats Blue Buffalo & I LOVE it.. I fed it to my pets LONG before I worked for Blue & I don;t forsee switching back to the grocey store poo in a bag any time soon.

SpringerLover

We currently have kitties on Felidae, Buzz is eating CA Nat, and Bailey has a mix of CA Nat and CSFTDLS. They will hopefully be on all raw soon though. It's only when I'm home currently.

I need to find a place to get organ meat, then we'll be all set and we can ditch the kibble!

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
my local butcher gives me heart, lung, liver, stomach, and tounge for free :)
maybe try a butcher! become friends with him and he maybe will give you all kinds of raw meaty bones too

SpringerLover

I don't like feeding weight bearing bones (what most consider RMBs) but I have gotten heart from him... but had to buy it!

I should go check it out again I guess.

SpringerLover

hah, thanks, me too! :) It's something I strongly believe in.

And I have to say I LOVE Riot (Belgian admirer... all varities)... someday I'll have one *sigh* hah

westbella

Home cooking for me now - Mom makes my dog food. Last night my dish was - chicken - chicken hearts - liver - carrots - sweet potato - potato - brown rice. Mom had roast beef last night so she added some of that to my meal too - YUM! She makes enough for a weeks worth of meals. She might add a little egg one day or a little of what they're eating if it's good for me. I get a little snack of fish once or twice a week and yogurt but I really don't like yogurt much anymore so sometimes I won't eat it!
Mom doesn't trust the dog food manufacturers anymore and she discovered she likes cooking for me!

Members online

No members online now.