Does this annoy anyone else?

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
/rant on

Sarama is a bitch! A BITCH! That is the correct English term for a female dog. Bitch! Yes, let me say it again, BITCH!

A female horse is a mare or a filly
A female pig is a sow
A female sheep is a ewe
A female goat is a nanny
A female deer is a doe
A female dog is a bitch

Why, oh why, do I, even at the dog park, have to catch myself and end up saying . . . "She's a bit-female." Because if I don't I get strange looks . . . if I slip at the office I get REALLY strange looks . . . looks like why are you calling your dog names, and using bad language?

This has driven me insane from childhood . . .when I made the mistake, in first grade of drawing a "Darling picture" of a bitch with puppies . . . and then refering to it as such . . . ended up in the principal's office for that one . . . boy was my mother mad . . . though not at me.

The correct term for a female dog is BITCH. What ever else it means, it means a female dog. It is the correct term for a female dog.

Sarama is a BITCH, I tell you, a BITCH. Not a 'female dog' and not a 'girl dog' and not, god help me, a 'woman dog'. She's a BITCH!

/rant off

LOl I agree. Why do we use the word Bitch as a deragatory word? Why say "you Mare!" or You Sow!" I mean come on. I was watching a Dog show while I was baby sitting my cousins, and the narator was talking about what a beautiful bitch this golden was, I turn around and the four,five and seven yearold are wide eyed and snickering... "he said a bad word..." was all they could say. I could not help but laugh. But please, call her a Bitch if you want to. I usually dont care what people think, maybe it will de sensatize the world to doggy language

bubbatd

Okay ... another Grammy story . When my brother and I were really young , he used the bitch word . So my mother sat us down and explained that it was the term for a female dog ,,,and shouldn't be used in other ways . After the discussion she asked if we understood .....sure I said , then the male dog is a b@$tard ! Lord , I must have been only 7 !

Paige

Let it be
I alway say female but I never give people funny looks when they say bitch. I have a horrid potty mouth though. I cuss too much so that could be why I never notice when people say it. It comes out of my mouth in other contexts several times a day. :D

bubbatd

I usually had more people on my waiting list wanting a female pup . So when their turn came up and there were only males left they had to decide .... a male or no pup . I really prefer male dogs as females can be bitchie ....two and 4 legged !

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
I call Cider a bitch. I didn't before I got into conformation. Everyone says it very unfeeling, not in a derogatory way.. you get used to it.

Mine though is a tad bit bitchy too though, haha.

/rant on

A female goat is a nanny

/rant off

Actually if you call someones registered female dairy goat a Nanny, you will likely get an earful. Only meat goats (amoung many goat people) are refered to as Nannies and Billies. In the dairy goat world, they are Does and Bucks.

As to the other, yes it annoys me that people cannot learn the proper terms and because they think its a bad word, those of us who know better have to walk on egg shells and trip over our tongues to keep from offending them.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Sarama is a BITCH, I tell you, a BITCH. Not a 'female dog' and not a 'girl dog' and not, god help me, a 'woman dog'. She's a BITCH!
ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Yes, I've gotten glared at about it before. I ended up explaining the proper terms in my speech/debate class... got some weird looks and a few gasps at first, but I got everyone's attention and they understood after a bit. It's sad it took so long...

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
Actually if you call someones registered female dairy goat a Nanny, you will likely get an earful. Only meat goats (amoung many goat people) are refered to as Nannies and Billies. In the dairy goat world, they are Does and Bucks.

As to the other, yes it annoys me that people cannot learn the proper terms and because they think its a bad word, those of us who know better have to walk on egg shells and trip over our tongues to keep from offending them.
I had heard they were sometimes called does and bucks, but I didn't know the context . . . so its meat/dairy? Cool. Learn something new. I'd thought it might be regional or something.

What really gets me, is that no one, even at work, reacts if I slip and say that, for example, a certain canidate for President is a bitch, or that a someone is 'bitching' about something. BUT call my dog that and they are shocked . . . they think I'm insulting my dog. They all know what the word means . . . but they don't seem to make the connection that it is the proper term for female dogs.

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
I call my dog a bitch all the time.

People say "is you dog a boy or a girl?" I day "she is a bitch". I must admit, I have never really got any strange looks that I have noticed, but then again I pay very little attention to people. LOL!

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I get weird looks for it all the time too. When I'm talking about dogs I prefer to use correct words usually, but I can't tell you how many times people have responded that I needed to watch my language. They just don't get it

Members online

No members online now.