Does anyone else think this is ridiculous?

mrose_s

BusterLove
mmhmm. I was on the veg Society of QLD forum. because I am vegetarian myself. A lot of them have their dogs on veg/vegan diet. I just don't think you can do it healthily. I've heard that dogs can be healthy of veg diets but not vegan. I just plain wouldn't risk their health for my beliefs.
Plus I'm a huge supporter of a dog getting lots of bones, tofu doesn't come in bone varieties and my dogs will always get bone atleast 5 times a week.

~Tucker&Me~

THANK YOU.

I think it's awful to put your own beliefs on your pets. Rats are omnivores and I just can't see them being healthy as vegans.

~Tucker

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I've never heard of a rat on a vegan diet. I don't think I would ever put any of my pets on a vegan or vegetarian diet when it's important and natural for them to have meat. I am a vegetarian, too.
What do rats usually eat (besides mixed feeds you might find in pet stores)? :eek:

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
they can survive on that diet...but they arnt going to thrive...
my guys LOVED scrambled eggs lol.

the good news is i very much doubt anyone adopting them is truly going to keep them vegan lol...

what does bug me is they are kept on aspen in an aquarium *grumbles* rate are NOT tank mamals no matter how many gallons the tank holds...

i hope they get a good rattie experienced home with a wire cage to live in

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Man. I think it could be done but that would be such a boring diet for them. I know my rats loved scrambled eggs and chicken bones, and Thanksgiving & Easter were their favorite holidays because they got loads of turkey and ham. :p

What would really tick me off is if someone wanted to put their cat on a diet like that.

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
Vegan cats . . . shiver.

I suspect they'd be fine, assuming you gave them things like avocado and such. I'm not sure though that the bagged foods are actually vegan-safe . . . I'd have to read the back of them. But rats are pretty flexible eaters, honestly. I wouldn't put mine (technically my fiance's on a vegan diet) but I doubt it would hurt them . . . heck you could probably just give them what you (the vegan) were eating and they'd be ok.

On the other hand, I have to agree about enforcing your ethical beliefs on your pets. But then, I'm not a vegan or a vegitarian, so I probably can't discuss that issue from a legitimate standpoint.

Members online

No members online now.