Looking for Labradoodle Stud

Specsy

Owned by Rottweilers
There is a "development" list on the KUSA registery. For breeds that aren't fully developed in conformation yet, such as the boerbull, and it seems the border collie is on it too...

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
There is a "development" list on the KUSA registery. For breeds that aren't fully developed in conformation yet, such as the boerbull, and it seems the border collie is on it too...
I should have said I fail to understand what that means. As far as I am concerned the Border Collie is perfectly developed thank you very much. Sometimes these Kennel Clubs stick their noses in where it is not needed! Makes me furious!

Specsy

Owned by Rottweilers
KUSA is slightly annoying. I wanted to register Leo because both him parents are registered and were old enough to breed, all that lacked was the parents HD score. So I said I was willing to scan Leo when he was of age but they weren't hearing any of it even though his parents ancestors are ALL HD/ED free. I know the breeder of Leo was the irresponsible one but I really would have liked Leo to be registered because he conforms SO well to breed standard and would have been amazing at show because he is way to lazy to work. Bella on the other hand has working drive 10 fold.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I'm not against breeding mixed breeds necessarily. Alaskan Huskies, for example.

OP, think about why you want to breed your dog. Forget the color, that doesn't matter. What matters is producing sound, healthy dogs with good temperaments with a purpose in mind. Like hunting, service dog work- even sports would be something. Think about what your bitch has accomplished that makes her a good candidate for breeding. Has she been health tested, and if so, are the results good? What attributes are you looking for in a mating partner for her? What has she accomplished and what is she good at? Hunting? Therapy? Does she have a Canine Good Citizen award or an equivalent?

If you're looking for cute fuzzy puppies, my suggestion is to go look on Petfinder or visit your local shelter and adopt one of the many, many poodle mixes there, overbred and abandoned due to the designer dogs craze. If you just want to have a litter, try and apply to foster a mother and a litter of puppies for a shelter or rescue. If you want to make money, take up a hobby like maybe jewelry making and sell those.

Just my .02.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Oh, and IMO border collies are perfect the way they are- a working dog. The breeding of BCs for show is fine, but call them something else. They're not border collies anymore.

That goes for a lot of working breeds.

Saeleofu

Oh, and IMO border collies are perfect the way they are- a working dog. The breeding of BCs for show is fine, but call them something else. They're not border collies anymore.

That goes for a lot of working breeds.
:hail: :hail: :hail:

I'm training a collie right now for someone that is from show-only lines, and was rehomed because his ears are wrong. They don't work their collies or anything. This dog is a looker, but he's nothing like Logan. He's very low-energy. A quick learner, and he's great at "stay," but i can't even begin to imagine him doing anything with sheep.

Logan is from a breeder that does do conformation, but the dogs are also herding instinct tested, and a lot of them are more than just pets. Logan has multiple SDs in his family (I've researched it a bit lol ;) ). He's all around a great dog - drive, energy, an off switch (yeah, I found it!) and good looks :cool:

To the OP - seeing as you haven't been back, I hope you either 1) had second thoughts and aren't breeding at all or 2) found a better place to find a good, healthy stud

This is how I felt when KUSA registered Border Collies. My blood still runs cold when I see them in the show ring. It angers me beyond belief.
Know the feeling. I was looking at our AKC site reading through all the dogs they have on foundation stock and I was getting more and more horrified as the list went on. From Azawakhs to Dogos to Catahoulas and everything in between. It was a frightening list

And Whisper, great post. Agree completely.

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Know the feeling. I was looking at our AKC site reading through all the dogs they have on foundation stock and I was getting more and more horrified as the list went on. From Azawakhs to Dogos to Catahoulas and everything in between. It was a frightening list

And Whisper, great post. Agree completely.
*sigh*

Let's just hope there are enough people who will continue to preserve the working end of them. I have no idea why so many people want AKC recognition for their breed.

*sigh*

Let's just hope there are enough people who will continue to preserve the working end of them. I have no idea why so many people want AKC recognition for their breed.
I hope to god they do and I have no idea why anyone wants that

If you're ever out of horror movies this makes for pretty frightening reading American Kennel Club - List of FSS Breeds

jess2416

Who woulda thought
*sigh*

:confused:

Each of the following breeds has been accepted for recording in the AKC Foundation Stock Service®. The AKC provides this service to allow these purebred breeds to continue to develop while providing them with the security of a reliable and reputable avenue to maintain their records. FSS® breeds are not eligible for AKC registration.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
FSS is the beginning to getting a breed AKC registered. AKC maintains their records as their breed pool grows, and eventually they become AKC registerable.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
but it says that FSS breeds CANNOT be AKC registered LOL right on the site....

(thats why Im so confused) lol

They can't be registered YET because they aren't an AKC approved breed. They are in the process of becoming AKC registrable and in the future they will be able to be registered. But as it stands now they are not eligible

Members online

No members online now.