Can you help me get my puppies back?

Not sure if this is where it belongs, if not feel free to move it. Thanks.

Abby and Duke are two of my puppies. I've been having to travel a lot lately and asked my friend and her 4 kids to watch them for a couple of weeks and if she did I would reduce the price on Duke for her by $300. This was agreed upon and after we got Abby and Duke settled I started my in and out of town bit. I'd check on the kids (what I call all my Papillons) and they were doing well and I made sure that I kept her current with lots of food and whatnot to watch them. I even bought Duke a collar and ID tag for her as well as the food and water bowls, let her borrow one of my X pens, and two of my crates. Then a couple of days ago Miranda's mom Bessie calls me asking if I'd heard from her or her kids to which I said no.

Come to find out that she has gone back to her ex husband, he came up and got her and their kids as well as they took my two puppies (since she hasn't paid me at all for Duke yet and on top of that she owes me $200 for babysitting) and stuck them in one of the travel crates. They didn't even take both crates so from Great Falls MT all the way down to Cedar Bluffs AL (where I have found an address for Charles) Abby and Duke (ages 16 weeks and 11 weeks) had to stay crammed together in one travel crate.

I've filed a police report up here as well as (before knowing where she went) reported the puppies stolen to the animal shelter as well as the pet stores. And now I need help because the police have basically stated that it would cost more than the dogs are supposedly worth (since I still have the papers and she doesn't) to do anything unless she comes back to MT they aren't able to get me either payment for the puppies or (what I really want) my puppies back. Nearest thing they suggest is me flying down there with the police report number, pictures of both puppies, and the papers on the puppies and trying to get them myself. Now I happen to have 3 days in a row off from work next week and can fly down there to get them but it is going to cost me an entire month's take home to fly down there and rent a car. So if there is anyone in the Ceder Bluffs area that would be willing to drive by the address I've found online and see if they can spot either the puppies or any sign of them for me I would appreciate it. I can email information to anyone that might be able to help and once I've got some more money on hand (I won't get paid for another 2 weeks I'd be happy to repay any gas that you might have used0. Or pehaps if possible if you were to see them (I can provide pictures of them both) depending on what the police and whatnot say down there (I plan on calling them to see if I provide pics and numbers of reports and the arrest warrant they are trying to get) if someone can just pick them up and fly them home. I've flown dogs COD before and I'd be more than willing to pay some kind of reward for the return of my babies.

My other Papillons miss them as do I and any help or even information on that would be greatly appreciated!

Doberluv

What a horrible story. I'm so sorry for you and the puppies. That sounds like a real low life person who would do that. Gosh! I hope you get them back.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Oh that's just sick and wrong :mad: :(

What kinda people?!?!?!

I am SO sorry, I am in AL but can't do anything.

bubbatd

Please let us know !!! It wouldn't hurt to post their pictures here .....there are many lurkers besides members . Some could be from that area . Are they micro chipped ??

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
contact the police where they will be living. My husband's friend's wife bought a puppy when she was on a roadtrip out of state and the puppy ended up being stolden. The police where my husband's friend lives showed up at their door and took the puppy. The original owners were able to track down my husband's friend and even though they lived out of state were able to prove they were the original owners of the puppy and got the puppy back.

Dreeza

omg, i am so sorry!! Definately call the police by her!! I'm sure there is something they can do without you going all the way over there....especially since you still have their papers.

Maybe also contact some kind of ASPCA, or any other animal police type things, as they may be more sympathetic to your story??

good luck!! I wish i could help, but im in MI :(

I'm emailing back and forth with the Chief of Police in Ceder Bluffs. Turns out that the address and phone number I had for Charles just happens to be a different Charles with the same last name.

I'm not sure what else we can do at this point. The puppies aren't microchipped yet, I do that at 6 months when I get their rabies shots.

Pictures of Abby -
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o265/kristinlinafelter/papillon/Abbigail_sGirl_3.jpg
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o265/kristinlinafelter/papillon/AbbigailsGirl_2.jpg
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o265/kristinlinafelter/papillon/AbbigailsGirl_1.jpg

Pictures of Duke -
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o265/kristinlinafelter/papillon/duke2.jpg
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o265/kristinlinafelter/papillon/duke.jpg

Members online

No members online now.