Large breed dog foods.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
So I plan on feeding Pup Pup raw food for the most part, but in saying that I want a dog food I can fall back on if ever we run out of raw or I decided to do a few days raw and a few days kibble.

Kibble is way cheaper back home where my parents live so I want to stock up while we are there next weekend. So you kibble experts what would you suggest for a Boerboel pup?

From doing some research it sounds like the all stages dog food is better for larger breeds. Do you agree?

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Be careful with ALS foods though, with growth in that large a dog Ca:p is the MOST important aspect of the food. And those numbers can be all over the charts with ALS foods, even within brands.

For example, Pure Vita Bison is almost perfect for large/giant breed puppies in their Ca:p ratios, but Pure Vita Salmon is off the charts ridiculous with their ratios and you couldn't pay me to feed it to a giant breed puppy.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Just looked up the Acana Regionals, I could be convinced to feed the Wild Prarie or the Pacifica. Not so much on the Grasslands, and heck no on the Ranchlands.

Members online