GSD info

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
I know some but GSD owners load me with experiences and facts about or with this breed. I have done my research and like to know I know quite alot about the breed. But I have never owned one until now (Read my post "A Loss and a Gain") and would just like to hear from some owners. He is an adult dog and well behaved so far.

Saje

Island dweller
I just have nanook and she's crazy. I think that's the husky though ;) LOL Kidding.

Ask Renee she loves, loves loves them. And she says they teach the other dogs to poop in the bushes. i think. :D

I love GSDs.They are incredibly smart and pick up training very quick.They are very loyal and are 24-7 dogs.They love to be with their people.Sasha was housetrained in a month.She picked up all other commands very quickly.She is incredibly Protective and a big suck to those she knows.

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
GSD's are great dogs and you'd love them.

Not great sled dogs though. ;)

They're very smart, very protective, and will easily fall in love with you and your other dogs. It's great that he's already very well-behaved, it won't be a problem for you then. Also, get ready for some of the sweetest noises as well. They're real talkative. But I'm sure that's nothing new to you. :)

He's probably going to want to be with either you or Jamie 24/7. Very much velcro-dogs.

And if Jamie took very well care of an Akita and you deal with huskies, chins, mals, and pitbulls every day-- a GSD won't be anything you can't handle.

Good luck!

Athebeau

I didn't read your other post yet. But, I will. Good luck with your new Shepherd. I deal with many Shepherds and had a couple of rescuea years ago. Very nice dog. When I was a child thats all you ever saw around were Lab type dogs, Shepherd type dogs, border collie types and Husky type dogs. They were all stable dogs and were great companions.;)

Last edited:

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Thanks everyone
Gremlin is a great dog whoever owned him before put alot of time and effort into him. This is the main reason I want to check if he is chipped because I have a feeling he may have been stolen and just dumped here. Jamie decided to see what commands he could follow. The dog will do the following on command.
Sit
Lie Down
Roll Over
Shake
Speak
Stay
Play dead

He walks well on a lead and even heels!!! We assume he is house trained but right now we are keeping him away from the other dogs just in case he has something. He loves to have his belly rubbed and cheeks scratched.

If he doesent have a chip i will make up some fliers and still just in case see if anyone claims him.

Be careful with the flyers, Pits. A dog like that is one the wrong kind of person might decide to claim!

Give Gremlin a week or so and you won't be able to part with him. No matter how many Filas I have, I never, ever, ever want to live without a German Shepherd. They are just special. The way you talk about Zeus reminds me of the way my GSDs have all been.

Ever think Gremlin might have been sent to you and Jamie?

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Renee750il said:
Be careful with the flyers, Pits. A dog like that is one the wrong kind of person might decide to claim!

Give Gremlin a week or so and you won't be able to part with him. No matter how many Filas I have, I never, ever, ever want to live without a German Shepherd. They are just special. The way you talk about Zeus reminds me of the way my GSDs have all been.

Ever think Gremlin might have been sent to you and Jamie?
I have thought of that also and spoke to my vet and decided No on the fliers. And he isn't chipped. He also came out with a clean bill of health and he looks to be 3-4 years old. I have considered Gremlin was sent to us he is just too perfect. And he is VERY attached to Jamie already but seems to know Jamie isn't in the best mood. But he looks at Jamie with these eyes that just seem to say 'I know you can't love me yet but i'll wait its ok". He is amazing with the other dogs and just plays with who will play but he mainly sticks to Jamie.

I think im pretty safe to say we are keeping him.

Will post pics later

corykins22

i cant wait to get a pure gsd! im waiting till im done with school and have a big enough house, because i will have 2 dogs. i have a gsd mix right now and i love her! she was a rescue dog, she was already housebroken and knew how to sit and shake. so far, i have taught her to give high fives and she can dance!

Debi

I don't have to tell you what I think cause I'm sure I've gone on and on before. I only have experience with Hammie, but he really is the most loving dog...more 'human' than any animal I've ever been around. VERY intelligent, very playful, very protective. :) you really will adore having Gremlin.

Members online

No members online now.