Someone kicked Regis!

corgi_love

I am still in complete shock! I went to the dog park today and Regis saw a Boston Terrier that was probably Regis' age (1 year old). So they were playing and nipping at eachothers faces, chasing eachother, chewing, and I looked the other way and Travis says, "A man just kicked Regis!" I was like WHAT. I turn around and I see him do it AGAIN!

Instead of removing his dog, he KICKED Regis away. I haven't caused a scene like that since Junior High >_> I yelled at that man. He was like "My dog was terrified!" I said, "Sir. If your dog was terrified, he would be crying, scared, low to the ground, and trying to run away. He wouldn't be running back for more, and pouncing on my dog if he was 'terrified'."

URGH he made me mad. He's like "I've had dogs for 30 years so I think I know" I was like -___-;

Bad dog park stories anyone? >>

Romy

Taxiderpy
:mad: He should be thankful you didn't kick him! What a jerk. If he's afraid of his dog being scared he shouldn't bring his dog to a dog park. What a moron.

B

Backward_Cinderella

What a jerk. Someone tried to walk out of the dog park with Booger once. Aaron kicked his @$$.

Paige

Let it be
I would have kicked him back. It doesn't matter what is happening. Unless it's a full blown dog fight and the dogs will not let go physical force of that extreme should never be used. It can even trigger a more aggressive response which would have gotten his dog attacked. Not saying your Regis would have, or even was being aggressive at all but you get my point.

My bad dog park stories are not about my dogs, but other dog owners.

First, there was the guy who got out of his truck, and walked to the gate without a dog..and then I see a dog jump out of the truck and run over to him. He grabs the dog by the collar, DRAGS her while her two front feet are not touching the ground, picks her up by the collar hanging her and puts her back in the truck. Then walks back to the gate, whistles..and then she comes running to him again and he lets her in the park. Then he sits in the corner reading a book while his dog terrorizes everyone else's dogs and children.

Then another time there was a woman with a lab puppy (the dog was probably about 4-5 months old). The puppy jumps on her, so she BEATS the poor thing and it starts screaming and another lab owner pretty much yelled and scolded her. Good for him.

I hate ignorant dog owners.

corgi_love

I can't tell you how badly I wanted to kick him and ask him how he liked it! Too bad he was like 6 ft 250 lbs and I'm like 5 2, haha. But man I don't know, I've never had anyone touch my dog like that before. I was so angry ahh

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
My bad dog park stories are the people who think that my dog - who is at the county park, but not inside the fenced off dog park area - wants to play with their dog.

If he wanted to and if I was OK with it, we would go inside the dog area and play. The fact that we are outside of the dog area and on a leash and practicing obedience might indicate that we would like you and your fleabag to go away.

Chewbecca

feel the magic
Man. It's stories like this that make me GLAD I cannot bring Ella to a dog park!

If someone EVER kicked my dog, EVER, I have NO IDEA how violent I'd become, or what my reaction would be. I would be ENRAGED.

I remember the second day we had Ella home, my brother and sister-in-law came over and they're huge Cesar Milan...uh, supporters, and Ella walked in the door before me and my sister-in-law grabbed her by her collar and picked her up by it so that her front legs were not touching the ground. I told her to NEVER EVER pick my dog up by her collar again. I wanted to kill her.

Suzzie

Aging Canine Advocate
my sister-in-law grabbed her by her collar and picked her up by it so that her front legs were not touching the ground. I told her to NEVER EVER pick my dog up by her collar again. I wanted to kill her.
as the owner of a dog with a damaged windpipe, i do believe i would have had to judo chop her across her throat. I do not EVER correct someone else's dog - unless, of course, it's jumping on me or being a nuisance to my dogs. And then certainly not by the throat!

As we say at work: dog parks are fantastic in theory, but are the worst thing you can do for your dog in practice.

That's why we hold "Rover Romps" during the summer so that our clients have a place to socialize their dogs under the supervision of trainers. There are WAY too many ignorant people in dog parks for me to feel safe bringing any dog to one.

And if I was in your situation I probably would have punched that guy and been arrested. If ANYONE ever lays a hand on my dog you'd best believe they're getting the snot beat out of them.

perla123

My bad dog park experience is the one that change RBs attitude towards big dogs. We went to the park and he wasn't even a year old. I was walking with him and I let him off the lead and he was close to me, but the he decided that he wanted to meet the other dogs but I made sure I was close to him. and out of no were this big dog came growling at rb and poor thing came running to me but the big dog was chasing him all the way his owner didn't even notice he was doing it and poor RB got stump by him:( I put rb between my legs(I know I could have gotten my self bitten :rolleyes:) and just hold on to min and stopped the other dog that was about to bite him. afterwards the owner was like ohh I'm sorry I didn't even know my dog was doing that:mad:.

Truly I don't get mad at the dogs is their stupid owners that don't pay attention to them. I seriously think that he was paying attention none of that would have happen:(

has the guy had a boston for very long? They're kinda notorious for being pretty intense players. What you described sounds exactly like a boston playing. I think he needs to read up a little more on dog behavior.:rolleyes:

Something like this probably would have scared that owner to death, lol!

Members online

No members online now.