Have you ever had someone want one of your dogs pups for free???

C

cindr

The reason I am writting this short but lengthy note is because I am sick and tired of the wacko's out there that want well breed dogs for nothing.

As stated in many of my posts I have many yrs invested. Our dogs are bred to standard. Hips elbows shoulders eyes registration papers. Bred to a dog that has the same and at that a compliment specimine of the breed.

So here is what I have received in the kast 11 weeks.
1) I am interested in one of your dogs. Would you consider a trade? One of my pups for yours! NOPE WON"T HAPPEN

2) I am interested in one of you pups the dog would have everything it ever wanted, I would sleep in my bed and go everywhere with me. But oppsie I forgot I do not have any money to buy the dog. So would you let me have the dog and when she is old enough to have a litter I will have her bred and give you the whole litter.

Well as we sit on the last 4 pups and start the training on them I will state that I am getting attached and If the right homes do not come along I will keep them. No questions asked. I have a deal with a few Police Services that have come out and look so Hey if I have to donate them I would rather donate them to the POLICE SERVICE Rather than the freaks that I have had call me. They just need to understand that a well breed dog comes with a price. This is why it truely pisses me off that these back yard breeders and puppy millers sell their dogs that have been bred each and every time left right and center. To what line their back pockets and these people say hey I have that kinda money so not only do they buy a dog but the buy the vet bills too. So stupid::popcorn:

Some people just dont understand the whole process... very sad.

I would not keep 4 dogs from the same litter, however, donating to the police sounds nice, if you can not find suitable homes for them.

Good Luck

Elissa

The reason I am writting this short but lengthy note is because I am sick and tired of the wacko's out there that want well breed dogs for nothing.

As stated in many of my posts I have many yrs invested. Our dogs are bred to standard. Hips elbows shoulders eyes registration papers. Bred to a dog that has the same and at that a compliment specimine of the breed.

So here is what I have received in the kast 11 weeks.
1) I am interested in one of your dogs. Would you consider a trade? One of my pups for yours! NOPE WON"T HAPPEN

2) I am interested in one of you pups the dog would have everything it ever wanted, I would sleep in my bed and go everywhere with me. But oppsie I forgot I do not have any money to buy the dog. So would you let me have the dog and when she is old enough to have a litter I will have her bred and give you the whole litter.

Well as we sit on the last 4 pups and start the training on them I will state that I am getting attached and If the right homes do not come along I will keep them. No questions asked. I have a deal with a few Police Services that have come out and look so Hey if I have to donate them I would rather donate them to the POLICE SERVICE Rather than the freaks that I have had call me. They just need to understand that a well breed dog comes with a price. This is why it truely pisses me off that these back yard breeders and puppy millers sell their dogs that have been bred each and every time left right and center. To what line their back pockets and these people say hey I have that kinda money so not only do they buy a dog but the buy the vet bills too. So stupid::popcorn:

thats terrible,
i think u should donate them to the police service if u cannot find them homes. what breed are they?

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
lol I can completely understand what you mean.

I have people offer me money for Riot though - when hes NOT for sale.

Or have people ask me "when I'm breeding him b/c theyd love a puppy".

Firstly, Riot is only 14months old
secondly, he has no testing done YET
thirdly, he still has a few titles to go because hes even offered up for stud services!

What breed do you breed?

Riot is a Belgian Tervuren

mrose_s

BusterLove
tahst annoying. we had about 10 people ask to buy a pup from sophie if we ever bred her.

we havn't she's old. has bad hips, bad back and has had no testing, she's mixed breed and such but my mum was considering breeding her to a mastiff up north. a big brindle boy. unfortunatley, about 2 weeks before we took her up... her boyfriend got stolen :(

bubbatd

Another good reason not the breed unless you have good home on waiting list and not to sell over the internet .

Meggie

Are you advertising on the internet? Maybe word the qualifications for ownership a little more strongly? If you have your own site put it above every spot your email appears, headed by "Do Not Waste Your Time If....."?

Not saying you do, just an aside comment, but sites like AdPost and Hoobly make you wonder. Advertise anything and everything across the world just seems a little hinkey when it comes to animals. Could be a hotbed for abuse on both ends, I couldn't imagine trying to weed out the kooks.

People will always try to get what they can for free, or at least give it a shot if the process costs them nothing. File the obvious quacks away in your junk folder and delete them off to oblivion.

SummerRiot, somebody approached me in the park and asked if I'd consider breeding Quincy. Guess with all the hair they didn't notice he was missing some vital, errrrrr, aides. His markings are good, but he's pretty far from purebred standard in build. My jaw dropped before I started laughing.

lakotasong

Sled Dog Guardian
Over the years, the dog I've had the most ignorant joe public requests to breed is Arthur.

"He has such beautiful blue eyes, we want our puppies to have blue eyes, will you breed him to our girl? You can have a puppy."

"He looks so much like a wolf! We want our puppies to look like that."

Mostly the blue eyed comment is what I heard but every once in a while someone inquired because they wanted "wolfy" looking puppies.

I neutered Arthur when I first got him. I'm always joke about taking these ignorant fools' money and letting Arthur "breed" their females anyway :p

Rubylove

Training the Trainer
Oh we get that with Chester and Ruby all the time, `Wow, they're beautiful, are you going to breed them? I'd be interested in a puppy if you did' and so forth.

The people who ask me such questions usually get such a mouthful in response, though, that I doubt they'll ever ask anyone again...lol. A polite mouthful, but a mouthful nonetheless. It usually starts with `No way, absolutely not, you won't ever catch me helping to perpetuate the unwanted dog crisis by backyard breeding'....and usually by this point they are wide-eyed starting to back away....lol lol

But it makes me SO mad - the casual ignorance with which people ask such questions.

MomOf7

Evil Kitty taco eater
How about someone asking you to let them breed to thier dog when your dogs certs arent done yet. After explaining that, they are willing to breed based on pre-lims. GAHH NO!

L

LabBreeder

There is a drunk pot smoker downstairs that wanted a pup (if/when we ever have any). I told him, and everyone else in this 56 apt hell hole, that I would never sell OR give away my pups to anyone of them. I've seen how they all treat their current animals (pulling a pup downstairs, backwards, by his leash...mating an 8 month old female mix to an oversize sharpei....leaving their dogs outside with no shelter, water or food....etc). Why the h3!! would I give/sell them one of mine!!! ::yikes:: I believe pups should have GOOD homes, with people that care about them and that will invest the time and training that is needed and that have enough room, understanding and abilities to deal with a pup.

Anyways, I told him "NO!". :)

moe

Is it the norm to breed BEFORE you have a waiting list for your puppies? I know I have a list of potential homes up to 18 months before I even breed? I would hate to have to find homes AFTER the fact, far too many idiots just buying on a whim, so I get to know the furture owners before they get a pup.

Mo

YES!!! I have or better yet I get calls from backyard breeders that want me to take their pups cause they dont have homes for them.

I try to explain why would i want a pup from untitled un tested un certified and in many cases unregistried pups?

I am still awaiting payment on one pup that was traded for a alphaca ,
The dog was hit by a car ( imroper fence) and she has never sent the payment or in this case the trade.

Then wants dog #2 -I refused to sell her or trade or or anything another dog despite her pleading. So she got a dog from a well lets say breeder and she left our club and my good gracious with her attacks.. But i get the last laugh and the replacement has never owned up the the working ability of the first dog. And the kicker was she named the 2nd dog the same name of the dog that was killed what a slap in the face.

NEVER trade or give away for free simply dont work out..
These people lack ethics and morals...

Jd

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
Many years ago, before the internet, people would contact my mom wanting Collies to breed. They got her name from vets in the area, or possibly others that just knew we had Collies.

My favorite was the guy who calls and asks if we have any females to give away. He told her that she could give him a female and he'd keep her in a nice pen in the backyard and when she came into heat, he would breed her back to one of our males and let us have a puppy each time. She told him that she didn't make deals like that, and he then told her she was a "&#^$ b!tch for not sharing her dogs with people! How can I start breeding dogs and making money if someone won't give me one? I was going to breed her back to YOUR male anyway, so it wouldn't cost you anything!". Idiots!:(

C

cindr

free doggies

Many years ago, before the internet, people would contact my mom wanting Collies to breed. They got her name from vets in the area, or possibly others that just knew we had Collies.

My favorite was the guy who calls and asks if we have any females to give away. He told her that she could give him a female and he'd keep her in a nice pen in the backyard and when she came into heat, he would breed her back to one of our males and let us have a puppy each time. She told him that she didn't make deals like that, and he then told her she was a "&#^$ b!tch for not sharing her dogs with people! How can I start breeding dogs and making money if someone won't give me one? I was going to breed her back to YOUR male anyway, so it wouldn't cost you anything!". Idiots!:(
Now that was good Lol:lol-sign: . Well we breed German Shepherds and have done for many yrs. The main purpose to breed this time was due to the fact I have waited to breed to this male for 7 yrs. He was out of our foundation dog Rebel. Which was a O.P.P Dual Police Service Dog and all of my best dogs came from that line.

We had eight in the litter. The stud owner picked his I sold the 3 for $1000.00 each. Now we have the last 4 pups and we are keeping 1 for our daughter that pups name is Nikki. Now we are thinking about keeping the male as well His name is Kizer. So now we have Chikera and Nikera both high energy dogs and high drive dogs. These two would do well in following their ancestors path. So if we do not find the right homes they to will stay here until the Police Service requires them to go. No skin off my back. I know where they will be going, Mom is going to be spayed as she had a hard time with this litter and she is 30 months old. We always wait 3 heats to breed an to be honese with you have never bred any of our dogs more than 2 times. Do not beleive in putting them through he double hockey sticks for what money. No its about the proper breeding ethic's.

The two people that asked to get the dogs for nothing were local and to be honest with you I had a Police clearance done on them. So no with that in mind these dogs will not go in that direction. I just think that people need to get over themselves. If they do not have the money to buy a dog then they do not have the money to own a dog. A dog comes with a lifetime committements and that includes extensive Vet bills and food bills not including the costs for training. Cindr

wolfsoul

I Love My Belgian
I would only give away pups to friends, and only depending on how much money I spent on the litter. Breeding is too expensive to just be giving pups away every two seconds. I would also give pups away on co-ownerships, and I'd like to donate to the assistance dogs society here in BC.

I did have my friend ask for a free puppy from the next breeding, but I couldn't promise anything. With a singleton puppy from this litter, we don't know what to expect next time around. Luckily my co-breeder's male is a perfect match for her so if we don't get anything from the litter I won't have lost anything. I was going to take a break from breeding next year and breed her to a male in the states in 2008, but he will cost me over $1000 to breed to since it's a frozen semen breeding, so it's best I try next year with Loki before breeding her in 2008 to Dillon. If we get another singleton, we'll know it's not worth it to spend all the money on a frozen semen breeding with the chances of getting nothing. So since this litter, I couldn't promise a free pup if I wanted to. I told my friend she'd get a puppy from this litter and I was heartbroken for her when only my pup was born.

C

cindr

free doggies

I would only give away pups to friends, and only depending on how much money I spent on the litter. Breeding is too expensive to just be giving pups away every two seconds. I would also give pups away on co-ownerships, and I'd like to donate to the assistance dogs society here in BC.

I did have my friend ask for a free puppy from the next breeding, but I couldn't promise anything. With a singleton puppy from this litter, we don't know what to expect next time around. Luckily my co-breeder's male is a perfect match for her so if we don't get anything from the litter I won't have lost anything. I was going to take a break from breeding next year and breed her to a male in the states in 2008, but he will cost me over $1000 to breed to since it's a frozen semen breeding, so it's best I try next year with Loki before breeding her in 2008 to Dillon. If we get another singleton, we'll know it's not worth it to spend all the money on a frozen semen breeding with the chances of getting nothing. So since this litter, I couldn't promise a free pup if I wanted to. I told my friend she'd get a puppy from this litter and I was heartbroken for her when only my pup was born.
I tried the co-ownerships twice and would never ever do it again. Both of them being freinds. Freinds take advantage too. Nope if they can not aford the dog then they do not deserve the dog. I have a big heart and to be honest with you too many of them try to take advantage. So as far as i stand my doggies stay here no matter what they cost me. They will only go to Police Services or therapy services in need. Thanx Cindr

wolfsoul

I Love My Belgian
Is it the norm to breed BEFORE you have a waiting list for your puppies? I know I have a list of potential homes up to 18 months before I even breed? I would hate to have to find homes AFTER the fact, far too many idiots just buying on a whim, so I get to know the furture owners before they get a pup.
Most people I know don't keep a waiting list. They do make advertisements to keep people interested but they usually wait until the puppies are 8 weeks old (or even older in some cases) before finding homes. This way it's easier for them to know exactly what they have, so they know to place the pups in show homes, working homes, or pet homes, and which of the puppies to keep for themselves.

wolfsoul

I Love My Belgian
I tried the co-ownerships twice and would never ever do it again. Both of them being freinds. Freinds take advantage too. Nope if they can not aford the dog then they do not deserve the dog. I have a big heart and to be honest with you too many of them try to take advantage. So as far as i stand my doggies stay here no matter what they cost me. They will only go to Police Services or therapy services in need. Thanx Cindr
I quite like co-ownership. Makes it easier to keep certain dogs in your breeding program. In the show Belgian world, it's impossible to break a co-ownership contract and not get a great deal of flack for it. Everyone knows everyone and so reputation is of great importance to most. Giving a dog away or discounting a dog for co-ownership isn't something I'd just do for a friend -- basically the person is doing me a favour by allowing me to show/breed the dog and continue building my own reputation. I feel much the same about leasing. My co-breeder is leasing her toy poodle right now for one litter in return from her Can CH. If you have a small kennel and do not have the time for several dogs, a co-ownership makes it that much easier to have dogs in your breeding program that would otherwise just take up too much room in your home. My co-breeder and I basically unofficially co-own eachother's dogs. We show and work eachother's dogs, we give eachother dogs and puppies for free, we stud for free, and breed under the same kennel name. It makes things so much easier.

Gillian

My little girl is now 14 weeks and 5 days old. You would not believe how many people walk up to me and ask; 'How much'. I have also been asked whether I am giving her away and whether I have any others like her at home. I'm starting to think that I am becoming a really nasty person as I usually make the suggestion to sell their children into slavery before they will get either this, or for that matter, any other puppy of mine. Sorry guys, bad joke, I know...

As far as breeding is concerned; IMO one should not breed unless it is to better the breed AND one wants at least one of those better pups for oneself. It is a very good idea to have vetted waiting lists for puppies when and if you do decide to breed. This way you will at least know where your puppies are going. Internet and newspaper adverts are a no-no. That's what puppy mills do.

Gillian

Members online

No members online now.