Vaccinations for older dogs..

Mordy

Quigleyfied
If your dog has never been vaccinated, pretty much the same vaccines are used as on any other adult dog. :)

bubbatd

Definately get them ! Have you always had him/her ?? Might there have been puppy shots ?? Be sure to let the vet know ...he may want to do it in series, rather that up date. I feel Parvo and Rabies are a must....plus the others.

Nope, she had no puppy vaccines.
I don't think we have rabies in Australia. The main ones here I thought we Kennel Cough and a few others I cant remember.

Carolyn

ZooMaster!!
hiya I'm in Australia too and nope, no rabies here :)

If you do take her to the vet, the vet will still recommend the full course of vaccinations, C3 is for Distemper, Hepatitis and Parvovirus.

There are of course other ones as well, even up to C5 now I think (which includes Kennel cough). Definately though C3 is a must.

I got Sugar from a friend when she was 14 months old. My friend did NOTHING at all to her, regarding her health. Sugar hadn't even been wormed till the day I got her. When I took her to the vet she had to have the whole course :)

Mordy

Quigleyfied
I would go for Distemper, Hepatitis and Parvo, one set and then another about 6 weeks later, and then a booster after 12 months. From there on out you could do titers every 3 years or so, for monitoring.

I wouldn't bother with Kennel Cough, since it is a disease that is transmitted by several different organisms and vaccination only protects against very few of them.

Members online

No members online now.