A sketch a day

Romy

Taxiderpy
I love your art Laur, they've all got such a playful quality to them.

Except the lion of course. She's just gorgeous and regal. <3

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Thanks so much guys! :D Feels good to be drawing some lately. I'll have to upload the latest few sketches (nothing major at ALL though lol)

I've been working on the dragon though so he's almost done.

I realized Em's b-day is in 2 weeks and I have barely sketched out part of her gift. It's hard because she's always home and we're going out of town this weekend.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
Laur--how much time do you spend on a sketch? Your lion is amazing--my problem is that I rush to finish things, when I should just learn to put them down and come back to them. But it goes against my nature--I need to finish things (even if it means I ruin them as a result--LOL). I think I fear I will never get back to it again, so at least I finish it to a certain point. Someday...someday...someday I will have time to play the way I would like.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Um it depends... lol

That lion (I'm assuming the first) so far has at least 6 hours into it, I beliebve. I don't really time myself. Really detailed drawings can take me 10-12 hours.

The one of the sheltie and the papillon has about 2 hours so far. Will probably be done at about 4 hours. The little dragon is about 2/3 hours into it and it'll be done in about 4ish probably too. The simple pencil sketches range from 10-15 minutes to 2 or so hours depending. People take me a LOT longer but I can sketch out a pretty detailed looking dog in a few minutes. I think it's just because of repetition. I've drawn so many dogs they're just ingrained in me lol.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Definitely!

I got side tracked last night when I found some charcoal.... 3 AM + charcoal stick =

L Lawliet?

I guess? lol

I am REALLY annoyed that white charcoal is showing up on the scan. You can't see it at all in real life.

Charcoal is fun though.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
ALWAYS liked your sketches. I think they remind me of my best friend's when I was growing up. She was also SUPER talented and I would literally sit and watch her sketch and paint for HOURS.

FYI she's a successful artist now, making pottery and clay animals ;)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Awww thanks guys! I really used to draw ALL the time. I'd love to get back to drawing more often.

L's coming along well. Got about another hour of work to do on him though. :D

I may be hooked on charcoal for a while lmao. This is only my second charcoal drawing. It's fun and quite messy.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
L FTW!
I've been working on and off with a sketch of Ryuk. I need to get it finished.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
L! I need to get a real scanner. The background doesn't look like it does in real life.

Ah well.

Ryuk would be fun to raw too. Though he kind of scares me.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
That's looking awesome Laur! The shading is terrific.

I love love love Ryuk. :D Maybe I'm morbid, but I like all the shinigami.

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
How do I get to see these pics? All I am getting is frogs in ice cubes.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I have no idea why you can't see them. I wonder if it has to do with being in SA. I've been using Imageshack, but I'd think that'd still show up outside the US... :/

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Hey PD, can you see this one?

Whoot he's done! All .05 mechanical pencil. Done halfway on the cruise while I was seasick (to keep my mind of the rocking boat lol)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I have to say this is actually working too! I am really excited to start something or finish something. :D

Eventually I'll have to start doing 'real pieces' but first I just want art to become fun again.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Guess who? (Yes, I'm horrible,, more fanart, but I've wanted to actually finish a pic of him eventually. I've started like 5 and then given up in annoyance) Apparently the last time I tried to draw him was in 2007. Hopefully this one will be better.

Plus it's good practice with human faces. O__O Faces are hard to draw.

Fun story, I can't actually draw human faces, I have to shade it while I'm drawing it.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.