Pit Bull Owners . . . All Dog Owners, Beware

Miakoda

Yep.

Today I'm going on the offensive, instead of the defensive. The crappy "documentary" done on Vick that aired last night was the last straw. I've had enough of hypocrites, lies, and self-serving ommissions of the truth.

It's time to fight fire with fire.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
What can I do to help? I've talked myself blue in the face to anyone who will listen already but I don't think I've made much progress.

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
The only effective offense I can think of, other than challanging this laws in court wherever they appear (and that means having the money, and the willingness to sacrifice a dog) to do it, is to destroy the credibility of HSUS and now the ASPCA. And that's going to be hard, very hard. PeTA has cheerfully destroyed its own creidbility, but those two are much more savvy.

pacopoe

I don't understand that blog. The ASPCA and HSUS are two totally different entities that are often at odds and I feel like that blogger lumps the two together. For instance, the HSUS vehemently wanted to put down the Vick dogs and the ASPCA was the group that fought to keep them alive. I know because I like the ASPCA and I don't like HSUS.

I didn't see the documentary, nor do I really want to (except maybe to see some of my favorite dogs on screen), but I've not heard good things from the BR camp. Someone in the group kept count on their hand and counted 37 fight scenes. Horrific.

On the other hand, it seems that the show actually changed a lot of people's minds. BADRAP reports their mailbox is flooded by e-mails from the general public stating that the show, "totally changed the way they look at pit bulls (in a good way)." It's kind of weird, because I think everyone in the dog community is appalled by it, but if it works for Joe Q. Public then maybe it's not so bad.

*sigh* Time after time after time people gasp and ask me if I've lost my mind, adopting an APBT. There is still so much paranoid bullshit out there, and these groups are doing a marvelous job of reinforcing the bullshit.

I try to combat it; taking Tallulah out and about, having her around people, but it's a two-edged sword, as she gets exposed to people who shrink away from her, and even if it's not grotescue, SHE senses it, and she puts on her "I don't care" attitude instead of turning on her natural charm :(

It's like beating your head against a stone wall . . . people are so attached to their paranoia and prejudices . . . Some of 'em would give up their firstborn before they'd give up their prejudice.

Kayota

Wow... to think I wanted to be an ACO for ASPCA. Great to know that they're idiots that aren't worth my time. -sighs-...

Pit bulls are dogs... just dogs... they're the same as any other dogs... same risks, same everything... I don't get what happened to make people hate them SO much.

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
The ASPCA and HSUS are different organizations, and the ASPCA is definately not as bad, but they've been drawn into this BS as well, unfortunately. Both the pit bulls and the AR crap.

Tazwell

What was that Animal Witness program about Michael Vick? Did anybody watch it; What was it about?

That blog was a little difficult to follow, too...

Members online

No members online now.