Skin issues

bnwalker2

My house is a zoo
I posted about the newest member of our family in the general dog chat section. He's going to get a check up this week but I was hoping you all can give me a little advice.

The woman I got him from told me that he had a hot spot last year and she shaved his back (from about the middle of his rib cage to the top of his tail). The hair still hasn't completely grown back and he bites and scratches at that constantly. He also bites his feet in between his toes. That spot on his back is a very dirty brown color where it should be white, and I gave him a bath but it didn't come clean. He doesn't have a single flea, so I assume it's related to something else.

I don't know what food she had him on but probably nothing extremely high quality. I've started him on a high quality food and hopefully that will help a little. I also have Brewer's Yeast tablets that I give to Sammy & Scooter... do you think that will help at all?

And is there anything else I can try for him?

Charliesmommy

I run with scissors
It could be any number of things, from allergies to a bacterial infection. Until you know what is wrong, there's no way to know what to do. Have you been to the vet for a skin scraping?

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
It could be anything- sounds like allergies or a yeast infection. Get the pup to the vet right away.

simorny

see you * the top
i think the woman should be in good possition to tell what was wrong with the dog since she was the one who shaved his back, without consulting the vet

Members online

No members online now.