The Venting Thread

Romy

Taxiderpy
There are companies also that drop off their trailer, you pack up what you need to, they come and pick it up and put a divider, and then pick up someone else's stuff (depending on who needs what space) and then they drive it to your destination. I believe the fees were less expensive than uhaul (you are sharing space in the trailer, we only needed part of one for a houseful). ABF is one company.
I used ABF and they were amazing to deal with. No extra mileage rates or insurance and you don't have to drive yourself like stupid truck rentals.

If you do go the pod route (ABF does semi truck trailer space and POD rentals), pack everything as if you expect the container to be dropped from a 10 foot height onto concrete. From what I saw they treated our stuff really good and it all got there in great shape, but my brother works in the freight industry and that was his advice.

If you live near an ABF terminal they usually let you bring your stuff to the terminal and pack your POD there so you don't have to pay any fees to have it picked up or dropped off.

crazedACD

I am so done with college. It is so effing stupid, the classes I am taking, it's like I'm taking classes in busy work to get a degree. I'm so close and I have half a mind to drop out. Ugghhhh.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
To add onto this, I then slipped on ice, hit my head and blacked out on my way home. Today, I hurt. My head hurts, my arms hurt, my stomach hurts, my back hurts, my legs hurt... I just hurt. :(
Ugh, I'm sorry. It took me nearly too months to get over my concussion where I blacked out for a few seconds. Any time I hit my head on something, even gently, it would start POUNDING again.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Super busy weekend. Traveling yesterday, barn hunt (mock) trial today. They're trying to get ready to start hosting real trials. I ended up there hauling bales of hay around and on my feet in the wind for 6 hours.

I came home and ate lunch finally at around 3 pm. Meant to hike with the dogs but ended up lying down and falling asleep. And now I just want to sleep till the morning.

Toller_08

Comapred to the rest of my very stressful life lately, this isn't that much of a vent, but someone on FB keeps wanting me to "like" their page. I ignored the first invite a few weeks ago, and she must have noticed, cause now I've gotten invite notifications three times in the past few days. I mean, I get along with this person well enough now, but I don't want to "like" their FB page because I don't want people to think I'd recommend getting a dog from her. I don't like to like things on FB that I don't agree with/recommend lol. But I also don't want to cause issues again with her, because things finally seem on the mend, so I feel like maybe I should just do it to keep the peace. So awkward. I know it's petty and it's just Facebook, but still.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Comapred to the rest of my very stressful life lately, this isn't that much of a vent, but someone on FB keeps wanting me to "like" their page. I ignored the first invite a few weeks ago, and she must have noticed, cause now I've gotten invite notifications three times in the past few days. I mean, I get along with this person well enough now, but I don't want to "like" their FB page because I don't want people to think I'd recommend getting a dog from her. I don't like to like things on FB that I don't agree with/recommend lol. But I also don't want to cause issues again with her, because things finally seem on the mend, so I feel like maybe I should just do it to keep the peace. So awkward. I know it's petty and it's just Facebook, but still.
Just ignore it. I don't "like" a lot of crap on facebook just because I don't want it clogging up my newsfeed. :p

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Right as it warmed up and the grass dried up, it starts snowing. Hard. Argh, I like snow but seriously weather make up your mind!

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Why are you there? Your head?
Yah. A couple friends and my manager convinced me to go after feeling like absolute death today (and forgetting everything and walking around aimlessly at work). Head trauma gets seen first, they said. It'll be quick, they said. They lied. At this point, though, I've waited too long to give up :p

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
It's Monday. Plus I only have one episode of Lost left and I have been putting it off all weekend and I'm going to watch it this afternoon. There will be tears.

Members online

No members online now.