Not sure if Hamster is drinking

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
I give him new water everyday and it never seems to go anywhere. I mean i really don't see a difference at all and it worries me. But he's acting just fun running around eating and playing and just being rotten. I don't know like I said i havent had a hamster in a long time so any ideas?

Well, I don't have any small rodents - and haven't in a long time but I'm wondering if a) he only needs a small amount and therefore, isn't drinking an amount you would notice, or b) he's getting enough moisture from his diet?
Just some thoughts anyways :) .

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
I don't think they drink that much!! So as AndrewF rightly said maybe you wouldn't notice?!! :)

Saje

Island dweller
Hmmm. I noticed that the water level went down went I had a hamster. Do you feed much fresh fruit and veggies? Cuz he would get some water from that.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
just watch for signs of dehydration..as long as you can pinch (gently) a small amount of skin and it goes back quickly, you listen to his breathing and you don't hear any stickiness, and his eyes are bright, then I don't think you need to worry..every animal is different as to the intake..even the littlest of guys.

Members online