Dogs and New Born Babies

lunarturn

Good morning, everyone! I have a question that bothers me some. Dogs seem to act jelous sometimes, when the attention moves away from them to some other living object. Now... let's say a young family like me would want to have a baby. How to keep the baby safe? I heard all kind of scary stories when the dog would kill the baby out of jelousy...How will the baby effect the dog? How to keep the dog comfortable and not getting jelous??? Any ideas? :eek:

Most dogs, particularly the large working breeds, are very protective of "their babies." Just make sure your dog gets plenty of attention. If your dog is allowed on the sofa, invite your dog up next to you when you're holding the baby, make an effort to introduce the dog to the new addition, and please, please, please, as the child gets older, teach it to respect animals. No teasing, no rough play, no tail, ear or hair pulling.

And it's always a good idea to supervise children with any kind of pet - no, make that it's imperative to supervise children with any kind of pet!

Did you know that it's been found that children raised with dogs and cats have fewer allergies and respiratory problems?

lunarturn

Renee750il said:
Did you know that it's been found that children raised with dogs and cats have fewer allergies and respiratory problems?
Really? That's an interesting information. Any ideas why it is so? :p

Members online

No members online now.