Confession of guilt

B

borgorn

Someone said dogs don't do things to just be mean. I've seen it with my own eyes. My german shepherd is mean to my rottweiler all the time. When I leave them home alone I seperate them so the rottweiler won't get bit. My dogs have their own toys. And before I leave the shep gathers all the rotti's toys and puts them in his own area. He never plays with them he just don't want the rotti to have them. He tries to leave them outside too.
Sometimes the shep will grab a bone and bring it to the rottweiler and chew it, and when the rottweiler goes to sniff it. He bites him and growls. Why did he bring it over to him then?
If I pet the rotti the shepherd clearly get's jealous. Sometimes if I call the shepherd over but he don't feel like getting up so he stays where he is. But if I call the rotti the shep then comes. If I am petting the shepherd and the rottweiler comes over the shep shows teeth and is ready to bite. In all my shepherd does alot of things just to be mean to the rotti.

Rubylove

Training the Trainer
It's called competition, and territory. Ours do it too, and they are best friends (but without the growling). Dogs live in packs and this is a way to establish their heirarchy.

They do not have complex enough psyches to mimick human emotions like guilt, shame or meanness. Although I know you won't agree - some of the things you have written in this thread have made my eyes pop - but it happens to be the way it is.

B

BlackDog

I think you should take you dog to training classes, not so much for the dog as it would be more for you.

moxiegrl

Wow....after reading this whole post I forgot what the op said....all i can think of is dog guilt...not saying they do or dont have it, not going to get into it :)

Members online

No members online now.