The Venting Thread

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
Not for the first or last time, I vent about men who think women know nothing about cars. Not someone who (correctly) assumes I can't take one apart and put it back together again, but the ones who assume I don't know what "torque" is or how to drive a manual.

Got one of those the other day - he asked if a car had the 4.0 in it, and I said no, it's a 6cyl engine. He went on to explain that he meant "liters" and ventured into a ramble explaining what engine displacement is to me. I told him that 8 cylinder engines usually had 4 liters and up, and 6cyl engines are usually 3+, so what I meant to say is that I don't know how many liters it is, but it's almost definitely not a 4.0. He had to explain to me that in those years Mazda put a 4.0 V6 in their trucks, and it was the best engine EVAR. Jesus even approved it .

Except, well, THEY DIDN'T. Good luck searching for a mazda with that 4.0 V6, sir. When I need someone to explain to me why my car goes faster with a turbo I'll call you. I'm sure the answer will that turbo stands for two unicorns raining balloons out of you know where gives you more than horsepower. It's unicorn-powered!
If engines involved balloon pooping unicorns, I'd find cars much more interesting. :D

Not for the first or last time, I vent about men who think women know nothing about cars. Not someone who (correctly) assumes I can't take one apart and put it back together again, but the ones who assume I don't know what "torque" is or how to drive a manual.

Got one of those the other day - he asked if a car had the 4.0 in it, and I said no, it's a 6cyl engine. He went on to explain that he meant "liters" and ventured into a ramble explaining what engine displacement is to me. I told him that 8 cylinder engines usually had 4 liters and up, and 6cyl engines are usually 3+, so what I meant to say is that I don't know how many liters it is, but it's almost definitely not a 4.0. He had to explain to me that in those years Mazda put a 4.0 V6 in their trucks, and it was the best engine EVAR. Jesus even approved it .

Except, well, THEY DIDN'T. Good luck searching for a mazda with that 4.0 V6, sir. When I need someone to explain to me why my car goes faster with a turbo I'll call you. I'm sure the answer will that turbo stands for two unicorns raining balloons out of you know where gives you more than horsepower. It's unicorn-powered!
They didn't? I was sure they all had the Ford 4.0L V6 available. Rangers required it with 4wd I think.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger

I know sh*t all about Mazdas, but I do know Jeep has a 4.0 Inline 6 engine. Arguably the best engine they ever built too.

Also not sure about Rangers, but I know my 4 cylinder Ranger was a 2.3 liter. My moms Land Rover was a V8 that was a 4.0 liter. (I think. I'll have to ask my mom)

noludoru

Bored Now.
They didn't? I was sure they all had the Ford 4.0L V6 available. Rangers required it with 4wd I think.
Carfax turned up a 3.6 or something, which was what I remembered.

I know sh*t all about Mazdas, but I do know Jeep has a 4.0 Inline 6 engine. Arguably the best engine they ever built too.

Also not sure about Rangers, but I know my 4 cylinder Ranger was a 2.3 liter. My moms Land Rover was a V8 that was a 4.0 liter. (I think. I'll have to ask my mom)
4 liters are usually V8s.

And Jeep's legendary 4.0 doesn't count here. :p Best engine Jeep ever built and probably one of the best engines of that time period. I didn't think of that one.

My issue really wasn't whether which engine was in which car. My issue was when I said "six cylinder" that he tried to explain to me what displacement was. And it wasn't a short ramble. And then I basically was asked whether I knew what a clutch was. No, sir, I just don't drive the standard cars on the lot. I also teleport back and forth to work.

New work vent: Coworkers wont stop teasing me about stalker dude. He's finally stopped calling and stopped showing up at the dealership, though. For one whole day.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
4 liters are usually V8s.

And Jeep's legendary 4.0 doesn't count here. :p Best engine Jeep ever built and probably one of the best engines of that time period. I didn't think of that one.

My issue really wasn't whether which engine was in which car. My issue was when I said "six cylinder" that he tried to explain to me what displacement was. And it wasn't a short ramble. And then I basically was asked whether I knew what a clutch was. No, sir, I just don't drive the standard cars on the lot. I also teleport back and forth to work.
Lol. Don't you know women belong in the kitchen making sandwiches and babies and not behind the wheel of a car, let alone one with a standard transmission? (I really wish standards/5speeds/clutches were the standard still. It's disappointing how they're going away and how many people can't drive one.)

Can I borrow your teleport?

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
WHY DO YOU ALWAYS TALK ABOUT YOUR PERIOD. I am more familiar with your cycle than mine.

:p :p
I am like clock work, so every 28 days (give or take a few days) ... So I guess it seems like I talk about it a lot ... I apologize if I have offended anyone or grossed anyone out by talking about it too much ... I will try not to in the future lol.

My vent: ITS COLD!!! :wall: for gods sake, winter I' am southern I LIVE DKEN HER FOR A REASON!!!

Lyzelle

Pfft. Hormonal vents. I could go on and on about those! Heck, I could always quote and repost my implanon bruise and that terrible experience.

"Oh, I've never had that happen to me before!"
BITCH WHAT HAS NEVER HAPPED TO YOU BEFORE.
-facepalm-

But no, really, I need this thing out. I was something like 70 days late and now I've been bleeding on and off for three weeks. Then I'd have to find something new, though. And guess what is NOT happening? Any foreign object being shoved up my cervix.

Nope nope nope nope nope.

Nope.

Oh, what? Nope.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
We just had to get new tires put on my car which ended up costing us about $600 after all was said and done.

I also need my brake pads changed which Josh can do.

Found out my tie rods are all needing to be changed very badly and I need an alignment but can't get that done until the tie rod situation is fixed. We were quoted $500 to do the tie rods and about another $250 or so for the alignment. Can someone just kill me now?

I hate this car!!!!! I want to trade it in but right now I need to fix it up and make do with it for a little longer. Might have to wait until we are moved back to NM to get a new car. I would love this car if it wasn't constantly having crap break down.

Paige

Let it be
If I have to hear one more comment today about what I look like in a negative way I am going to blow up.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Well, that's it for me. This game is over.

That means no more football. Until August. Ughhhhhh.

Baseball season starts when?

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Apparently I'm just a lazy, inconsiderate piece of ****.

Okay.
:( Not true. I'm sorry you are dealing with this.

My vent? Wicked, wicked headache from all the homework. SO MUCH INFORMATION SHOVED AT MY TINY BRAIN. LEARN ALL THE THINGS.

I'm taking a break.

Also, hungry. Beer BBQ Crock Pot Chicken has 3 hours left. WHYYY.

Members online

No members online now.