NOVA/MD Chazzers

noludoru

Bored Now.
Anyone interested in having another meet? Preferably this fall, when it's not disgusting.

I know there are a few of us in the area at this point - RedHot, Lilavati, Caliterp, Sweet, me. . . and I have a feeling I'm missing a few, but if any of you are interested, post up!

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
Oh, I LIKE the canine cruise idea! Definately when its cooler if I'm going to bring Sarama . . . the heat is unkind to her.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Sure, let me know :)

Maybe we could do a hike of Great Falls or Bull Run or something.

OR GO ON CANINE CRUISE THIS SUMMER! Special Event Cruises in DC and Virginia from Potomac Riverboat Company
Okay, I thought that was a ridiculous idea till I actually looked, but that actually sounds like a kickass idea. It's only $15 for a 40 minute cruise. . . sounds decent to me! If most everyone's up for it, this sounds like a really cool idea.

I also love the hiking idea - there are plenty of places to hike in VA! :) At Bull Run we really do need a map, though. Too easy to get lost on those trails. They also don't mind long lines, so we'd be able to let the pups stretch their legs, and there are picnic tabled for picnicking. This would definitely have to be in September-October, though, since it's just too darn hot before then.

how about those of us out of the area but somewhat close?
MORE than welcome!! :) I just didn't figure anyone would want to travel.

CaliTerp07

Okay, I thought that was a ridiculous idea till I actually looked, but that actually sounds like a kickass idea. It's only $15 for a 40 minute cruise. . . sounds decent to me! If most everyone's up for it, this sounds like a really cool idea.

I also love the hiking idea - there are plenty of places to hike in VA! :) At Bull Run we really do need a map, though. Too easy to get lost on those trails. They also don't mind long lines, so we'd be able to let the pups stretch their legs, and there are picnic tabled for picnicking. This would definitely have to be in September-October, though, since it's just too darn hot before then.

MORE than welcome!! :) I just didn't figure anyone would want to travel.
Definitely kickass, not ridiculous. (Shhh, I've already been on it twice!)

CaliTerp07

Okay, hiking options:

Lake Accotink: LocalHikes - Lake Accotink
Difficult Run: LocalHikes - Difficult Run
Great Falls: Great Falls Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Those three I've done myself and are all pretty easy hikes (though Difficult Run can be muddy/swampy if it's rained before). Great falls is on the C&O towpath, so it's wide and flat and really easy. There are lots of pretty overlooks too. Lake Accotink is me being selfish as it's right down the street from my house :D (We could all go back to my house for drinks and frivolity afterwards ;))

Does anyone have any other suggestions to add? I'm happy to drive east or west if someone has an awesome place to walk with the dogs (I'm just not familiar with places out there) Sugarloaf mountain in MD is supposed to be really neat, but I've never been.

Maybe mid-september would be good for this? The weekend of the 18th-19th? It should have cooled down by then.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
frick frick frick..... it's when I move away from VA that another meetup gets planned lol. Hope you all have a blast!!!! I loved the last NOVA/MD meetup we did a few years back

xpaeanx

so, I can take a bus down and hang out... but I haven't been able to find anything (bus, train, etc...) that would allow a dog.

And I don't really feel like driving my car down.... I hate driving.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I remember when I was living in NOVA I took a bus from Chinatown, DC to NY and back... I think they had a round trip ticket for like $30-40. If I remember correctly it dropped me off in times square and then I just picked the bus back up there when I wanted to head back to DC

Members online

No members online now.