Love nips?

bogolove

Brady nibbles on me. I am not quite sure why except to get my attention. It hurts but he is not biting me, he nibbles on me, usually on my leg or an arm. I have told him no, but he will stop for a little bit and then when he wants to have attention again he starts back up. Why do they do this?

avenlee

Sadie does that to me also when she's licking my face. I always thought they were love nibbles. Sometimes, however, without her knowing or wanting to, they do nip you. :eek:

bogolove

Maybe he is, but usually he does it when we are on the couch or when my husband lets him in the room with me in the morning to wake me up, and he will lie beside me and I will have to pet him over and over even though i am half asleep and if i stop to sleep some more, he will start the nibbling on me. It is good for a wake up alarm I guess, b/c you definently can't sleep through love nibbles! LOL!

sarahlou

Do you stroke your dog everytime it comes to you? Really to try to stop this behaviour(and I know this will be hard) you should ignore your dog when it comes to you and only praise it and cuddle it when you call it over. Then you are in controll and the dog will eventually learn that by nibbling (or licking) you that it is not going to get attention and will hopefully stop doing this. you may also need to look at other areas of your dogs life like how he is fed and when he gets to play etc.
Let me know how this goes!!

Members online

No members online now.