The dog musing/vent thread

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Talon, when it's under 10F outside with a windchill that makes it under -20F and you whine at the door to go outsid I will MURDER you if you don't go poop within the first 3 minutes!

Talon whined at the door and when I took him outside all he wanted to do was sniff around and play. Well that doesn't work for me when my hands, face, and entire body is frozen the second I step outside. Someone please give my dog pain receptors so his feet will freeze and he'll do his business and go back inside quickly!

Art on the other hand ran outside pee'ed and pooped within a minute and was whining to go back in. LOL

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Quinn, you're an a-hole.

She slept with me last night, with the doors closed so the cats won't come in my room. She heard my mom get up early this morning and would NOT STOP whining. I was ready to kill her! After sleeping on and off for a few more hours (and her whining on and off the whole time) I let her out of my room. I heard her do her rounds, see where everyone was, and then she comes back into my room, hops on the bed, and is totally content to snuggle now.
Oh I am horribly grouchy when I am woken up and the dogs learn quickly that they get one warning to shut up or they are exiled from my room.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Finally met Tylers co-workers red bone coon hounds and a walker. He has 7 hounds that he hunts cougars with. And he invited us to come out to a hunt with him. EEEKKK

But holy man alive are those dogs freaking loud. The floor was vibrating from the baying.

k9krazee

I gave Crosserton a bully stick & he IMMEDIATELY took it outside & buried it.

Drives me batty. He does this all the time.

I GAVE IT TO YOU BECAUSE I WANTED PEACE & QUIET FOR A FEW MINUTES!!!!! I'm sick & can't entertain you tonight!!!!

Now I just KNOW he'll go dig it up at the worst possible moment in a few months--and if he waits till spring the thing'll be utterly disgusting. Nothin like a rotten cow pizzle to ruin a nice dinner party!

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I gave Crosserton a bully stick & he IMMEDIATELY took it outside & buried it.

Drives me batty. He does this all the time.

I GAVE IT TO YOU BECAUSE I WANTED PEACE & QUIET FOR A FEW MINUTES!!!!! I'm sick & can't entertain you tonight!!!!

Now I just KNOW he'll go dig it up at the worst possible moment in a few months--and if he waits till spring the thing'll be utterly disgusting. Nothin like a rotten cow pizzle to ruin a nice dinner party!
Hahaha ain't dogs great? xD

So my roommates and I were feeling giddy one night (we might have had a little wine, can't remember...) and we started joking about what our rap star names would be. Astro was the focal point, and we eventually determined that it would have to be Lil Wrinkle for him. I've been toying around with the idea of AKC registering him through the Canine Partnership program, I mentioned this to my roommate today, and...

...Long story short, my dog's official AKC name is Showstopper Lil Wrinkle. Call name Astro, obviously.

Toller_08

Sitting on the couch cuddling with Journey and realized that it's been just over a year since I first heard she would be mine. About this time last year (Dec 3rd I think) I was told that she would be mine, and then I booked a flight and spent the rest of the week stressing out about the whole trip to get her haha. Crazy how time passes and changes. Hearing that she was mine was one of the most exciting things that's ever happened to me and I remember the night so well. I was so excited I was shaking, and it was late at night and I had to go to work the next day and I couldn't sleep and had no way of containing my excitement haha. Suddenly I didn't care that I wanted a red puppy - just the fact that I could have any puppy from this litter at all was exciting enough. And now I can't imagine her ever not being in my life. She's been such a huge joy. Next weekend it will be exactly one year since I've had her with me.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
My Manners Minder arrived today! I'm so excited. Although I'm afraid my expectations are too high... that usually leads to disappointment lol. For now, I'm stoked.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Missed the edit deadline ooops.

Anyway. Here we are after playing with it for a little bit! Hanging out in our crate like no biggie, waiting for treats to rain from the sky, laser beams coming out of our eyes.

I went upstairs to brush my teeth and just kept dispensing treats and she never made a peep and was just casually hanging out when I came back. So. Much. Hope. There is potential, this is fixable. And that on its own makes me happy.

I just have to figure out a kibble that won't jam it, because my Fromm wasn't fitting that criteria.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Since I always complain, figured I'd be positive for once.

No pee in the house today from a certain brown dog! Whoot!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Why is the wind chill in the negatives? I want to hike but we don't have the gear to stay out in this too long. I also worry about their feet being on the ice for very long so we've just been going around the neighborhood a few times (quickly) Mia loves the snow but after a short while starts lifting up her paws. I know my feet would be cold too.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Welp that's great. We just had an earthquake which totally freaked mia out. I think she's finally calming down some but she went shooting out of the living room barking and tail tucked. Poor thing.

I'll be interested to see how strong that one was. It felt a lot stronger than usual to me.

*blackrose

Had a pittie come in to work today who had won nationals for weight pull (115x his body weight!) and has yhe world record for hang time (an hour two feet off the ground, and then his owner made him stop). Awesome, awesome dog. He is breeding him this spring and I want a puppy. LOL

StillandSilent

Shaman, please get your brains out of your scrotum. You look like a praying mantis bug and the ladies are not impressed by your awkward flirting

*blackrose

Seeing prices on dog food makes me go :yikes:. My brother just started working at a specialty pet food store and I walked in to see what the prices on some foods were like. I am apparently a horrible person, because I can't afford to spend $75 on a 28lb bag of food that would last Abrams less than a month.

*slinks back to Tractor Supply and buys $0.75-$1/lb food*

On the bright side, he's going to see if he can grab me some bags that are expired and/or damaged for cheap. SCORE! Bag of Natural Balance or Earthborn for $15? Yes, please.

Last edited:

DJEtzel

Recon is being such a spitfire today... It's like he's on doggie cocain!

He's being really good when I ask something of him, but when I'm not engaging him he's all over the place.

Had some weave practice between classes I teach since the poles were out, and he acted like he had no idea what weaves were. He was running in and out of them like he had a trick up his sleeve or something. That didn't last long... then I had him "go to bed" on a mat in the corner and watch a hound mix pup of about a year learn 2x2s and chase a squeaky ball. He did awesome! Didn't move or bark once!

Then we went to the pet store for a few minutes and Recon was pulling me rather rudely and cut a corner so fast in front of my friend/significant other :)confused:) that he tripped him and Adrian almost landed on top of Recon. Thankfully he didn't hit the floor and was able to catch himself. I was so embarrassed! So I called him to heel and he just came flying over and sat with great attention. We were looking at cat treats and he was just pulling on the end of his leash to go anywhere. Asked for attention quietly and he was eager to give it, put him in a down stay and he was great while carts passed and a few people pet him without him moving!

So... absolutely awful, absolutely great... idk what this dog is on or how I feel about it. lol.

Angel ate the shifter knob off my car. I was beyond pissed. And now she's doing the "um, so i'm sorry even though i have no idea what i did" look and it's breaking down my anger defences.

Welp that's great. We just had an earthquake which totally freaked mia out. I think she's finally calming down some but she went shooting out of the living room barking and tail tucked. Poor thing.

I'll be interested to see how strong that one was. It felt a lot stronger than usual to me.
Looks like a 4.5.

Bigger than the usual for sure.

I start assisting in another class on Wed! And they are already talking about future disc classes after this one ends. They also want me to come in soon to learn the doggie daycare side of the place AND they want me to start brainstorming more class ideas other than disc! Sooo happy!

I seriously love teaching and am so tickled that this place that told me a few months ago that they just didn't have any openings at all is making a place for me.

Members online